Trail Camera Disposal/Selling

I have about 8 trail cameras that I have bought over the years and they have stopped working. I have hoarded them for whatever reason, but I was wondering if anyone has done anything with them besides just pitching them in the trash. Has anyone found a way to sell them or dispose of them, besides throwing away?

billday

FNG
The best use I’ve found is to turn one or more in for credit towards a new cam during the Fall Hunting Classic at my local Bass Pro. They run this trade-in every year, in August. I imagine since they also own Cabelas that you can probably do something similar as well.

This strategy has helped me afford a couple of cycles of “upgrades” including most recently getting cell capable cams.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
The best use I’ve found is to turn one or more in for credit towards a new cam during the Fall Hunting Classic at my local Bass Pro. They run this trade-in every year, in August. I imagine since they also own Cabelas that you can probably do something similar as well.

This strategy has helped me afford a couple of cycles of “upgrades” including most recently getting cell capable cams.
I also have several defunct trail cameras That is a great idea, I will try this out next year.

OP
Wyoming Hart

That sounds good. I will look into that next year or keep my eyes open for others. I've honestly have never heard of anything like that for them and wondered how the refurbished ones were handled. I have put mine through a final test and most will turn on and seem to work, but they don't take any pictures. The quality in the ones that I have gotten recently doesn't seem to be very good.

RCL

WKR
I use mostly Browning cameras and keep a couple of defunct spares in case I need parts.
Just had to replace the battery box in one that had a crack in it.
Using as dummy security cameras is a great idea.