Training group in Denver

Redesr

FNG
I am a newb to the site so I hope this is the right spot.
I am interested in finding a group to train with (pack on type stuff) near Denver, CO. Anyone have space for one more shoot me a PM. I am a fit if a little skinny 38 year old with good boots. Spent 7 days back country hunting last year and did not feel out of place, but may have if we had been so lucky as to get an elk. I want to step it up for this year.

Vids

WKR
I'm always game for a pack workout. I've got a friend that I get together with to trail run and do pack hikes but with young kids it can be hard to line up times. I live in Littleton so I usually hit Green Mountain or Mt. Falcon.

OP
R

Redesr

FNG
Yeah, I have the family thing too but also have a fairly flexible job right now. I will be headed out to do some shooting at the bear creek range and training most Tuesday mornings this year so that is a starting point.

oldgoat

WKR
There is a group that works out at redrocks on a lot of Sunday's, you could probably make a family affair out of it there If you can't line up with that group

I may be up for that as I'd like to workout more. I currently do classes on Mon and Thurs but I'm open other days. I'm "older" and after a few knee surgeries, I tend to not overdue things but keep it steady! I did a fair amount of heavy daypack training last year at Red Rocks and liked that because it's close to me (Lakewood) and recently retired so I have a pretty flexible schedule. Have a buddy that will be hunting WY this year and I'll probably go with him to help out and I'll see if he's interested in doing something as well. He's a pretty fit guy and bikes and climbs a lot but I'd guess he'd be up to add pack training. PM me if your interested in something. Doug

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Aaron does green Mountain and Red Rocks alot pretty much most mornings he is in town. If your on facebook thats where the announcement is when he is going to be out working out he usually does a shout out on facebook to the group distro. Id give him a call have him add you to it.

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen acouple follow hunters on green mountain. I think No Limits Archery does/did a work out group. might be worth looking into

RCR

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in Littleton too. I try to hit RR or Green Mtn at least once a week. Usually solo Sat or Sun am, but would enjoy company. I can do evening too.