Transport rifle on ATV with bipod attached

EATELK

FNG
I'm new to the ATV world and have a rifle hunt coming up and looking into options for transporting a rifle on the quad. I'd like to be able to leave my bipod attached to the rifle and slide it into a hard case on the ATV when driving around. Has anyone used the Kolpin Gun Boot 6.0? It claims to accommodate a rifle with a bipod but I'm skeptical it'll fit. I don't like the idea of the traditional forks on the front of the quad due to vibration/dust, etc. Any other recommendations for the best way to transport a rifle with bipod on a quad?

CJ19

WKR
No sure about the bipod but make sure the rifle is in a case if hunting colorado. I have a pal that got off with a warning for having an unloaded shotgun slung over his shoulder. All parties were polite and it was plain to see the gun was obviously unloaded. Just a psa.

mlchase

FNG
I would doubt it will fit. I tried and returned multiple brand gun boots last year for a CO hunt and they would not fit a Bergara rifle with Vortex Viper PST scope…let alone a bipod…they are pretty snug. I ended up using a semi-soft case I had and bungeed it to the gun rack on my front Atv rack

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm new to the ATV world and have a rifle hunt coming up and looking into options for transporting a rifle on the quad. I'd like to be able to leave my bipod attached to the rifle and slide it into a hard case on the ATV when driving around. Has anyone used the Kolpin Gun Boot 6.0? It claims to accommodate a rifle with a bipod but I'm skeptical it'll fit. I don't like the idea of the traditional forks on the front of the quad due to vibration/dust, etc. Any other recommendations for the best way to transport a rifle with bipod on a quad?

I use the Kolpin Stronghold xl and it fits my tikka t3x with a bipod and a 50mm objective scope. It’s by far the best setup I’ve used. A solid mounting system, easy removal of the case from the mount, and easy to open to pull the rifle out. Ar-15s fit easy in it as well.

TxAggie15

FNG
In my ranger across the back seat grab rail I have some kolpin XL’s. They are adjustable and swivel. I roll them to be parallel for shot guns and rest the butts on the seat. Then if carrying a bow or something I’ll turn them to be perpendicular to the cab.

Kolpin Rhino Grip XL - Rack/Handlebar Mount - 21530, Black https://a.co/d/9wrMFzd

OP
E

EATELK

FNG
I use the Kolpin Stronghold xl and it fits my tikka t3x with a bipod and a 50mm objective scope. It’s by far the best setup I’ve used. A solid mounting system, easy removal of the case from the mount, and easy to open to pull the rifle out. Ar-15s fit easy in it as well.
That's helpful, thank you! Some of the reviews on the Kolpin's make it sound like the internal soft case doesn't provide much padding. Did you add padding or does your gun bounce around in the case on rough terrain?

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
That's helpful, thank you! Some of the reviews on the Kolpin's make it sound like the internal soft case doesn't provide much padding. Did you add padding or does your gun bounce around in the case on rough terrain?

The tikka or my ar fit snug enough they don’t bounce around. The internal soft case is good enough. I’ve never had a concern with my other rifles or shotgun in there either. I know my old gun boot I had to put a shirt in there to keep my rifle from bouncing around. Hasn’t been an issue for me with the stronghold.

OP
E

EATELK

FNG
Thanks for the input everyone! I'm leaning towards just securing a normal hard case on front of the quad and calling it good

softcase right behind the bipod block......

IMG_4379_zpsfolte64n.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
I carry my rifle on my quad in a Kolpin boot with my Hatch bipod attached. I rotate the legs back and slide it right in.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk