Tree Hopper Bolts

Anybody use the treehopper bolts for climbing? It's looks like a pretty slick system.
I'm curious if it feels like you have enough surface to get your boot on?
And does it kill the tree to dill holes in it?

WCB

WKR
I've hunted trees with screw in steps year after year and hunted trees with spikes drove into them that had been there for 5+ years. Trees were fine did not kill the trees.

I don't see how it would be any different than regular crew in steps which are my last resort when going up a tree with the light weight sticks available now days. I've slipped on a peg or two when wet or frozen.

OP
C
I've hunted trees with screw in steps year after year and hunted trees with spikes drove into them that had been there for 5+ years. Trees were fine did not kill the trees.

I don't see how it would be any different than regular crew in steps which are my last resort when going up a tree with the light weight sticks available now days. I've slipped on a peg or two when wet or frozen.
I was thinking it'd be a little less bulky than the sticks, I guess the difference between screw ins is probably minimal

*zap*

WKR
it can be hard to find the holes if you pull them out and try to use that tree again....I have a bunch that I would sell. May take a day or two to gather them up. I also have some of the steps that slip on/off a bolt...and plenty of those bolts. I forget the name....