Tricer Gear?

Can anyone share their experiences with Tricer gear? I’m becoming more of an ounces conscious person and their 2.7oz pan head seems like it could be a good way to go. I’ve never met anyone that uses their gear, but it appears it may be good stuff. I think they made trekking poles at one point in addition to tripods.

Brianb3

WKR
Love their pan head. I like it better then my outdoorsman’s micro pan. I switched over because of Arca. I think it smoother then the OD. I have no issues w the tricer pan. Two thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm digging the Tricer gear alot rn

Attachments

• PXL_20230909_012314771.jpg
    PXL_20230909_012314771.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 121
Can anyone share their experiences with Tricer gear? I’m becoming more of an ounces conscious person and their 2.7oz pan head seems like it could be a good way to go. I’ve never met anyone that uses their gear, but it appears it may be good stuff. I think they made trekking poles at one point in addition to tripods.
4.5 oz according to their site. I just got mine a few days ago, haven’t had it out yet but it’s incredibly light and solid.

UtahJimmy

WKR
4.3 oz

Love mine. Tilt locks solid easily, pan takes a little more effort on mine to get the lever right enough. Might need to see if I need to add a washer or something. It's amazing for the weight though.

PXL_20230730_001257487.jpg

Their tripod and head are awesome, wish they werent made in china but they're great. I just snapped one of their trekking poles yesterday in some blow down but they are nice too

Juan_ID

WKR
I’ve only spent a short amount of time behind my tricer bc and lp setup. So far I really like it, for as light and compact as the head is it is really smooth and the tripod is easy to adjust and stow. I do wish they’d have made it a little longer collapsed and only done 2 sections instead of 3 but that’s just a personal preference. I’ve been using an inverted tripod for nrlhunter shoots for a couple months and it just seems to make sense, I’m a big fan of inverted tripods.

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried their pan head with a 80mm swaro? Any chance it could work “ok” in a pinch? It would be some nice weight savings.

Rob5589

WKR
Works well, does what I need it to do. Even supports my rifle. I use their bino mount as well, good stuff.

JNDEER

WKR
One FULL season including scouting and thus far I love the head!! Zero issues or complaints.

OP
A
Good to know! I think I’m going to end up getting their pan head for my set up. Probably going to pick up one of their tripods next year.

Marble

WKR
I like mine. Very stable and packable. The pinhead works. I've had better, but it holds position well and once you get it set like you like it, it's smooth.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Bought my Tricer recently, have had it out to play around with and can't see myself ever changing. I will end up using Zeiss Victory RF 10x42, Swarovski ATC, Swarovski ATX 95 and my rifles on it and don't envisage any issues

Does it do the thing where you are looking through the scope and have it set where you want and then you lock it down and let go of the handle and then it sags to a new point of aim?

Does it do the thing where you are looking through the scope and have it set where you want and then you lock it down and let go of the handle and then it sags to a new point of aim?
Sort of. It's very sensitive to tension on the vertical axis; the UNC threads don't give great resolution. That said, if you have it set properly it holds just fine. Tension has to be set just right but that's the nature of a friction style UL head.
The horizontal axis is the one that bugs me. If it's set up off level slightly it will want to swing towards the low side. Increasing tension will make it stiff enough that I'm bumping my UL tripod a bit to get it to pan. Not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying at times. This happens with binos as well as a spotter.
Hard to complain about a tripod setup that weighs a hair over a pound (w/an Aoka), just recognize that it isn't a fluid head and isn't going to function like one in every way.
My plan is to keep mine long term for trips that are on the far side of ultralight, but I'll probably get a BC or Aziak tripod and a Smallrig for most of my hunting.

JakeSCH

WKR
My LP is 4.3 oz and works as advertised. I still use the outdoorsman bino adapter since they have a stud.

AD tripod has been rock solid and I will have a BC en route soon.

I did break 2 trekking poles, Drew replaced them both and after the second gave me a full refund. Did not have to but chose to after that.