Trijicon tenmile

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with the Trijicon tenmile? It’s a little less $$ than a few of the other scopes I’ve been looking at. Mainly the Mark5HD and Nightforce Nx8. It will be for primarily hunting and then learning how little I know about long range shooting.
Thanks

I’ve been using one for a couple months with no complaints thus far.
Glass is comparable to others you mentioned.
Mechanics are positive and track reliably.

ChrisAU

WKR
Is that why your leupold mark 5hd is for sale? I would be curious to hear how the 2 compare.

It is, just had too much money tied up in a backup rifle. I know the turrets won’t be as nice as the Mark 5, but I like the weight and price of the Trijicon.

OP
E

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
It is, just had too much money tied up in a backup rifle. I know the turrets won’t be as nice as the Mark 5, but I like the weight and price of the Trijicon.
If it was your primary rifle, which way would you lean lol

ChrisAU

WKR
If it was your primary rifle, which way would you lean lol

Without even having the Tenmile in hand yet, Mark 5 if the weight and size isn’t a big concern. I do like these new Trijicons though. If the glass is anything close to the Mark 5 then I’ll be tickled, and I hope the Trijicons prove over time to be reliable. I now have two, with the 2.5-15x42 Credo on my main rifle.

ChrisAU

WKR
Got the 4-24x50 Tenmile in yesterday. Stole it off Amazon new for $991 somehow, couldn't resist. It's just a larger Credo, which is a good thing. Very nice turrets, not as nice as Mark 5 as far as the clicks, but there is no slop at all, and the marks line up perfectly. The included tenebraex caps are awesome, integrated throw lever is a plus. Glass seems nice though I have'nt done a full eval yet.

They make a lot of intriguing scopes but they failed to offer any of the half dozen or so that interest me in both mils and ffp. Come on now.

OP
E

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Got the 4-24x50 Tenmile in yesterday. Stole it off Amazon new for $991 somehow, couldn't resist. It's just a larger Credo, which is a good thing. Very nice turrets, not as nice as Mark 5 as far as the clicks, but there is no slop at all, and the marks line up perfectly. The included tenebraex caps are awesome, integrated throw lever is a plus. Glass seems nice though I have'nt done a full eval yet.
Thanks for the feedback. If I get too impatient you may hear from me about that Mark 5 you have. Let me know what you think once you have a little more time to handle the Tenmile.

Bak222

FNG
Without even having the Tenmile in hand yet, Mark 5 if the weight and size isn’t a big concern. I do like these new Trijicons though. If the glass is anything close to the Mark 5 then I’ll be tickled, and I hope the Trijicons prove over time to be reliable. I now have two, with the 2.5-15x42 Credo on my main rifle.
How has the credo treated you so far? I’m guessing good since it’s on your main rifle. I’m leaning towards the tenmile HX, but can’t find one in store to check out the glass.

The credo hx, definitely hunting oriented and similar designs to NF, but moa. The plain credo line is same products but is mrad.
I know that this is an older thread, but this the precise question on my mind. Just how is the HX more hunting oriented than the non HX? Best that I can tell, the only difference is MOA vs MRAD.

I know that this is an older thread, but this the precise question on my mind. Just how is the HX more hunting oriented than the non HX? Best that I can tell, the only difference is MOA vs MRAD.

The finish of the HX is satin, non HX is matte. Otherwise it's primarily MOA vs MILS but only on most models, not all.

Shraggs

WKR
As others have said, mostly moa vs mils.

The hx has different reticles too in that they have bdc options. I guess marketing to the masses is hunters like holding over. Probably truth in the general deer Hunter.

Trying to recall, but most in the credo line are sfp, but a few of the non hx are ffp.

billydonk

FNG
"F-class john" seems to really like his tenmile- has done a couple reviews that are positive.