Tripod Questions

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone use any of the camera carbon tripods that are available for hunting? They seem to be pretty similar and as far as price point goes, can save some money and hopefully not sacrifice anything. Some brands can hold the weight, can they take the recoil and stay stable?

I use an Artcise tripod. Super solid, not really sacrificing on weight and I can stand up and glass or shoot. This is important for me personally, being 6’4 I need a little more height for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, do a search here and you'll find lots of discussions. And, if you look below all the comments, there is a section with "Similar Threads" to make it easy.

I run the Leofoto with inverted legs. They have two leg sections. The higher the weight rating the better stability. And, the larger the diameter of the legs the better. A center column isn't as stable as others.

Kdye01

FNG
You will get what you pay for. I recommend buying once and crying once.

I have tried different ones on the market. Two vets, vortex and FatBoy. The vortex is a little lighter than the two vets and cost less. The fat boy is lighter than all three and cost more. My buddy has the fatboy and I have the vortex. They handle recoil very well and deployed easily.
I shoot off mine a ton. If you do shoot off of it, I recommend getting an Arca rail on your rifle, if goes directly into your ballhead and no need for a hog saddle.

Vortex one keeps to their standard warranty, I lost a foot on mine and they sent me 3 more to replace it.

OP
FLHunter87

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Sirui, Slik, Leofoto are pretty popular amazon type tripods.
I decided on a Sirui. After a bunch of video reviews in action. Might as well try. Seem to be pretty solid and pass a lot of tests so I guess I'll see.

OP
FLHunter87

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
You will get what you pay for. I recommend buying once and crying once.

I have tried different ones on the market. Two vets, vortex and FatBoy. The vortex is a little lighter than the two vets and cost less. The fat boy is lighter than all three and cost more. My buddy has the fatboy and I have the vortex. They handle recoil very well and deployed easily.
I shoot off mine a ton. If you do shoot off of it, I recommend getting an Arca rail on your rifle, if goes directly into your ballhead and no need for a hog saddle.

Vortex one keeps to their standard warranty, I lost a foot on mine and they sent me 3 more to replace it.
Brand names always get the most attention and that's why they are more. I will see how my investment goes. I don't think I'll be disappointed with the reviews. Time will tell.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I decided on a Sirui. After a bunch of video reviews in action. Might as well try. Seem to be pretty solid and pass a lot of tests so I guess I'll see.

Nice. I own a Sirui (7C I think). It works good and holds up for me so far, but Im not too hard on it. The VA5 heads are great, just slightly heavy.