Tripod recommendations?

What tripod do you guys recommend for spotting? Specific model is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TomJoad

WKR
Oben CT-2331 carbon: like it a lot. No issues in the field, very light, removable center column (I leave it in for spotter adjustment). My tripod always stays out of my pack strapped on (BP hunt) so I prefer less sections (3 vs 5) and longer length. This makes for a lighter, more stable tripod (less connections) vs. the 5 section travel tripods.
F6CA193B-D967-4163-B675-91327934EA7C.jpeg

Oben BE-108 ball head: build quality is excellent. Reasonably light for the quality. Panning could be smoother but not a lot of complaints for how small and compact this is.
F1CD4FF2-6E38-408D-A09B-9CFAC761D38C.jpeg

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I've been very happy with my Sirui T-024SK with VA-5 fluid head. Doug from Cameraland got me set up.

Prior to this I had a Vortex summit and the Sirui is so much better. No comparison. It's always in my pack. I use it with both my 10x42 binos and 65mm spotter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’m running a Benro Mach3 TMA27A aluminum with Sirui VA-5. 3.8 pounds. Only a 3 section tripod and built like a tank. Very stable.

I've been very happy with my Sirui T-024SK with VA-5 fluid head. Doug from Cameraland got me set up.

Prior to this I had a Vortex summit and the Sirui is so much better. No comparison. It's always in my pack. I use it with both my 10x42 binos and 65mm spotter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I have the same setup. Would recommend to anyone.

I can’t give you a specific model as I do not own one myself but I went hunting in Idaho this year with my buddy and brother and was hunting in some nasty wind. My buddy had an outdoorsman tripod with the pan head and Swarovski spotting scope. That thing was rock solid. I went home looked them up, they are a bit on the expensive side but I will definitely consider them when I go to spend the money. Buy once cry once kind of deal. I know there are great products out there just don’t have much experience with many. I don’t know I will not be buying the vortex tripod my brother had, could not steady it in the wind but may be operator error.