TRT Anyone?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Had a checkup tuesday and they drew blood for a full work up. My T is 497 is what I was told over the phone...I need to pick up a print out tomorrow. I will be 67 yoa 8/23. Was thinking about trt but now I am not sure...started diet transition to carnivore on tuesday also....bp was 170/101 on tuesday and 48 hrs off of a prescription anti inflammatory it is back down to 110/70..but my lower body joints hurt...hope carnivore helps with my auto immune issue.
497 aint bad for a man of your vintage but you didnt tell us the age(s) of your girlfriend(s). That matters, as well as that free T number mentioned above.😉

BadDogPSD

WKR
Had a checkup tuesday and they drew blood for a full work up. My T is 497 is what I was told over the phone...I need to pick up a print out tomorrow. I will be 67 yoa 8/23. Was thinking about trt but now I am not sure...started diet transition to carnivore on tuesday also....bp was 170/101 on tuesday and 48 hrs off of a prescription anti inflammatory it is back down to 110/70..but my lower body joints hurt...hope carnivore helps with my auto immune issue.
Just finished my first month of carnivore and feeling better every day. The more strict I am, the better I feel.

Low energy,strength and mood.
Start low and go slow,90 days before any changes.Start on like .25ml split twice a week.
That got me to 7-900.
Some guys need less.Some need more.
Most doctors don’t have a clue and prescribe 1ml or more starting with other shit added in.
Don’t add nothing.
It’s like hunting,the more you study and do your leg work the more you get out of it.It’s not the cure all some say but I look forward to my shots every time!
I’m 47

Last edited:

DuckDogDr

WKR
Getting mine checked along with full bloodwork next week.
Pretty sure mine are bottomed out.
If memory serves me right 2 years ago they were at 250 but they wouldn’t treat anything because it was afternoon when they pulled my blood and it’s supposed to be lower then. Based on reading this thread and how I “feel” wouldn’t surprise me if they are at 1.
I do a work out ..focused on a body group and I can barely move for a week or two weeks afterwards.

And I am exhausted ALL the time. Admittedly my schedule is crazy I’m overworked and I’m sleep deprived 75% of the week 4-6 hrs a day (work overnights)
On my long stretches off I still can barely function.. even 3 to 5 days in “Recovery “ My body craves sleep and needs 12-13 hrs at a time.
Even if I set the alarm and get the standard 8 hours and plan to be productive.. by noon I’m snoring again for the extra 3-4 hours I didn’t get

. I’m also having wide BP swings too. Overall tending downward since I’ve been eating better and lost 14 lbs but not where it needs to be

@Zap do you have information or a link to share on the carnivore diet

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR

BadDogPSD

WKR
Getting mine checked along with full bloodwork next week.
Pretty sure mine are bottomed out.
If memory serves me right 2 years ago they were at 250 but they wouldn’t treat anything because it was afternoon when they pulled my blood and it’s supposed to be lower then. Based on reading this thread and how I “feel” wouldn’t surprise me if they are at 1.
I do a work out ..focused on a body group and I can barely move for a week or two weeks afterwards.

And I am exhausted ALL the time. Admittedly my schedule is crazy I’m overworked and I’m sleep deprived 75% of the week 4-6 hrs a day (work overnights)
On my long stretches off I still can barely function.. even 3 to 5 days in “Recovery “ My body craves sleep and needs 12-13 hrs at a time.
Even if I set the alarm and get the standard 8 hours and plan to be productive.. by noon I’m snoring again for the extra 3-4 hours I didn’t get

. I’m also having wide BP swings too. Overall tending downward since I’ve been eating better and lost 14 lbs but not where it needs to be

I've been on TRT off & on for about 5 years. While is does seem to help (me), the biggest impact has been eliminating alcohol, grains, and any processed foods. I also intermittent fast daily & do longer fasts, typically 1-2, 24 hour fasts per week, and a 72 hour fast quarterly, and 120 hour fast once or twice a year.
I had really good results with keto, and recently went carnivore. There are quite a few videos on youtube that can explain carnivore way better than I. Check out Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Chaffee, Myzerocarblife, Dr. Bosworth, etc. There are many more, but these seem to offer info without a bunch of bs marketing.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Curious if there are any REAL experts on here…not the internet kind! 😜

Had my physical a few months ago and levels were good. I mentioned to the doctor keeping an eye on my T levels and he said with my history he wouldn’t recommend any TRT at any point. Strong family history of prostate cancer. He said there was a correlation. At some point I’d love to have the trt option, but if there is a correlation then that won’t be an option for me.

Curious if there are any REAL experts on here…not the internet kind! 😜

Had my physical a few months ago and levels were good. I mentioned to the doctor keeping an eye on my T levels and he said with my history he wouldn’t recommend any TRT at any point. Strong family history of prostate cancer. He said there was a correlation. At some point I’d love to have the trt option, but if there is a correlation then that won’t be an option for me.
Not a Dr. but this is worth listening to:

Jbogg

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been on .6ml of TRT for a year and a half, with that divided into two injections per week. I will be 60 in a few months, and my level was 160 when my doctor prescribed it, and is currently at 575. I had my latest round of bloodwork just a week ago. I have been strict keto leaning to carnivore for the past 90 days and wanted extensive labs done to see how my body was reacting. The doctor could not believe how good all numbers were across-the-board. I’ve probably eaten more eggs and bacon in the last three months than I have in the last 10 years.

I started down the keto path in an effort to reduce inflammation and decrease joint pain from way too many years of playing football in my youth. The benefits have been huge. I feel better than I have in a long time. I watched both my parents lose their battles to cancer in the past few years. Cancer cells cannot live on ketones in the absence of sugar, and I hope not to go down that road.

I would be lying if I said I don’t miss certain foods. I had a strong sweet tooth, and I could put away some Italian food. The longer I do this the easier it gets. It’s just a lifestyle now and not a diet. It’s definitely worth the sacrifices. Carbs are the debil. 😜

I've been on TRT off & on for about 5 years. While is does seem to help (me), the biggest impact has been eliminating alcohol, grains, and any processed foods. I also intermittent fast daily & do longer fasts, typically 1-2, 24 hour fasts per week, and a 72 hour fast quarterly, and 120 hour fast once or twice a year.
I had really good results with keto, and recently went carnivore. There are quite a few videos on youtube that can explain carnivore way better than I. Check out Dr. Ken Berry, Dr. Chaffee, Myzerocarblife, Dr. Bosworth, etc. There are many more, but these seem to offer info without a bunch of bs marketing.

I've had a few posts on here over the 22 pages. The above quote is about where I am at with the entire process.

Been on the Sauce the better part of 5 years now. And felt like shit a decent amount of it. I pay a lot of money for a dedicated Hormone MD to look at my stuff.

The best analogy might be vehicle enine mods. Start adding Chips, MAPs, Intake, etc and you start chasing your tail.

My blood if often Gravy. Almost brown. Hard to fill the lab draw viles. At times I could just feel my heart beating in my chest. Not racing....but just relaxed and watching TV....could just feel it beating so heavy.

My blood pressure has increased significantly. 159/110 wasn't too uncommon.

I am now prescribed a topical cream. And I am often over 1500. Way too hot. I am simply very sensitive to Test supplementation.

And most don't understand it's about a Testosterone/Estrogen ration....not just a free test number.

The reason I quoted the guy above is from recently finding same results.

I've been fasting. Kinda. I only eat between 11am and shut down by 7pm. And I eat very clean. Like body builder fuel clean. Sweet potatoes. Ground turkey. Clean meat. Lots of Salomn. Lots of greens. Cut out beer for a few weeks. Got back on the treadmill and rower a few times a week. Increase my workout reps on free weights and cut the time between sets. Wear my mouthpiece to assist in OSA issues.

Fully feel the above few things have made the most dramatic life changes. And they're all "Free". When the medical professionals tell you to "Lose a few pounds and eat cleaner" it's generally the best prescrition. ALmost nobody listens or does it.

I would be pretty hesitant to recommend anyone start TRT.

*zap*

WKR
So, had another blood test so I could get the free t reading.

67 in August, all natural. Total t is 490 and free t is 6.

Another test on 8/10.

Last edited:

DuckDogDr

WKR
So at 38, my testosterone is 307.
Dr said this is acceptable, but one good thing about him he is reluctant to start meds … but all the ranges I’ve been reading are saying I should be in the 600 range.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
My research shows me that most general practice dr's are told that over 200 or so is OK no matter what age you are. But I am not an expert...it also showed me that 50 years ago t levels across the age board were much higher in the USA. They say a afgan man living in a remote mountain village has more t at 50 than a 20 year old american...it is a fascinating topic.