Truck camping stove question

This is what I have been using for the last several years and it does everything I want it to do. You can grill directly on it (pictured) but I dont. I use the rack that you can use pots and pans on that it comes with.
Coleman.jpg

BBob

WKR
Also downsized to a single burner stove like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-...3aGEIrk0EKqHBvcUvDRH-rse6mtXu4CUaAvhCEALw_wcB

Saves a lot of space. The meals we make are pre-made and frozen in bags. Just simmer water to heat them up.
I have an Iwatani like that at home and a friend uses one (Iwatani) in the field. I ended up with a more compact Snow Peak. All the Asian markets have the fuel on the shelf and Amazon has it pretty cheap in bulk packs.

Been using white gas stoves for a long time. Even when I went to a lightweight camp stove option, i got the MSR XGK.. it'll work everywhere and its highly fuel efficient. The XGK does prefer gasoline and diesel over white gas though. That said, I'd keep using my coleman 2 burner white gas. Its like 25 years old and works fine for the glamping I do.

Jethro

WKR
At our truck camps we use a 20lb propane with a tree mounted on it. To the tree goes a coleman lantern, 2 burner camp chef stove, and a weber go anywhere grill.

Axle

FNG
I have a Coleman white gas two burner stove, and it works well for our car/truck camping trips. I think I paid $15 for it on facebook marketplace a couple years ago. The guy couldn't remember when he used it last, but it had been quite a few years. It still had fuel in it. I took it home and it fired right up. I have not had any problems with mine so far. I also have a white gas lantern that I enjoy using, so it is convenient for me to share fuel between the two.

I am sure propane is faster, but it takes roughly 30 seconds to light my stove. You can get a part for them so they run on propane, (see picture below) but I have never used one.

20220207_084422.thumb.jpg.e85f3ab6d702013c2d51fa259d4a05e3.jpg

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
I ended up getting the Coleman that has two eyes and runs on the little propane bottles. While I really liked that Trail Fire- it was too much for what I need (but it’s definitely on my radar of things I want to get). So I ended up getting that cast iron griddle that was recommended too- everything fits into an old tote with wheels that I can throw in the back of the truck and go. Thank y’all for the recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Propane!

They make adapters so that you can refill the 1# canisters. I've got 8-10, haven't bought any in years.

I'd also suggest an isobutane stove for when you're just boiling water. Way faster and easier.

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
Propane!

They make adapters so that you can refill the 1# canisters. I've got 8-10, haven't bought any in years.

I'd also suggest an isobutane stove for when you're just boiling water. Way faster and easier.

Thanks! I’ll look into the adapters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk