Truck camping when its too damn hot!

I think alot of people forget that mule deer live in the plains too lol 😆. If there was ANY trees, I'd spring for this option but we don't get that luxury here and Temps often exceed 90. Fine for southern boys but I'm a northerner and start panicking above 70 lol.

Well that makes more sense. Where's 'here' ? Any chance you could pop a beach umbrella and put a lawn chair in a cattle tank? That sounds like good living to me.

Roll-A-Cot makes a cot with a breathable fabric, designed originally for rafting trips but if it fits in the truck bed that could be a good option + a fan.

I usually switch to the hammock setup in the summer. Toughest thing is going to bed without needing your bag and waking up at 1am shivering haha. Don't have a solution for that yet.

Marble

WKR
Not sure what temps you hunt in, but I frequently hunt in Temps in the 90s. Last year I would usually stay on the mountain and find a shady spot and just deal with the heat. If I went back to camp, I would strip down to just shorts, drink fluid, eat and just sit in the shade. We brought an EZ up and were next to the creek.

I brought a bucket and detergent and washed clothes during the day and let them hang dry.

I sleep in a tent at night and would keep the rain fly off.

Get one of the camp showers. Just hang during the day and rinse off at night.

We also had lots of flying bugs. We got containers from tractor supply and hung them in trees around us. It smells at times depending on the wind, but keeps the flies and other bugs down.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
5b47938b92bbec04c63cae5ee9ecadaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk