Turkey Shot Pattern Result 40 Yards Opinion.

khunter1

FNG
Could be a little more "uniform" (polishing a barrel is easy and a lot of times really helps even those holes up in a pattern). BUT, that is killing a turkey at 40 yards. You can chase the optimal pattern all year long and keep spending money but that pattern you are throwing is going to get it done. Just know your limits on how far you are going to let it fly!

Best of luck!

Fatcamp

WKR
Could be a little more "uniform" (polishing a barrel is easy and a lot of times really helps even those holes up in a pattern). BUT, that is killing a turkey at 40 yards. You can chase the optimal pattern all year long and keep spending money but that pattern you are throwing is going to get it done. Just know your limits on how far you are going to let it fly!

Best of luck!

Are you talking about polishing your choke?

khunter1

FNG
Are you talking about polishing your choke?
No, don't polish the choke. Just the inside of the barrel. There are plenty of you tube videos, check some out. It really isn't hard to do I don't think and it really helped all my guns.

dtrkyman

WKR
A good barrel polish is a good idea ,my guns all have chrome lined barrels so I use chrome polish on a mop and install the cleaning rod onto a cordless drill.

Not sure if All about shooting is still online as Clark has passed recently, but he has a very detailed method for polishing a barrel on a standard barrel.

What I really like about it is it actually makes keeping the barrel clean easier.

Yarak

WKR
The caveat about having a tight pattern out at 40 yds is its even tighter at 20 yds and even tighter at 10 yds
So far the patterns youve shown will get the job done at 40 yds without sacrificing closer shots
Ive heard a lot of guys whine because they missed a bird between 10-20 yds and would brag prior to this about how tight their pattern was at 40 yds

N2TRKYS

WKR
If I could get every pellet in a 10” circle at 50 yards, I would. I’ve never missed a bird because my pattern was too tight, but have missed because it was too loose.

I don’t polish my barrels. I find that I get improved patterns from just a deep cleaning.