Turkey vest

hobbes

WKR
485460fa51234e2f9437dddd89d39318.jpg

With Final Rise vest I’m curious how they get away with such statements.
I don't care for the Tethrd "vest". Does final rise market theirs as a "turkey vest" or an "upland vest"? I guess I should take a look.

hobbes

WKR
No vest for me! Daypack or large kifaru pack for me. Can haul a couple decoys plus the ability to pack a tom or 2 out of the hills! Hauling a shotgun plus carrying a tom plus gear 1 to 2 miles isn’t much fun! If you hunt next to your truck a vest probably is ok.
I did 4 miles out with a tom in a Cabela's vest on the 16th. I'll admit......it sucked. 😁 My shoulders and back didn't really hurt though, he was just 18 lbs and I don't carry decoys. My out of shape legs didn't appreciate it and I did not have enough water with me. I still don't think I want a Sitka or one of my packs for turkeys, and I'm dumb enough to do it again.

Dazzler

WKR
I don't care for the Tethrd "vest". Does final rise market theirs as a "turkey vest" or an "upland vest"? I guess I should take a look.

Neither do I. “Minimalist” has become a favorite marketing term of a lot of companies. I mean as a minimalist do you really need a $350 piece of gear to carry minimal gear? Consumers gonna consume I guess.

Don’t own it but I’ve been able to try it from a buddy. Seat leaves a lot to be desired. After 30 minutes I was feeling it. No back padding and toting a box call is a struggle with the size of the pockets. Definitely not my cup of tea.

hobbes

WKR
Neither do I. “Minimalist” has become a favorite marketing term of a lot of companies. I mean as a minimalist do you really need a $350 piece of gear to carry minimal gear? Consumers gonna consume I guess.

Don’t own it but I’ve been able to try it from a buddy. Seat leaves a lot to be desired. After 30 minutes I was feeling it. No back padding and toting a box call is a struggle with the size of the pockets. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Yeah, I would maybe use that to hunt squirrels in the hickory nuts back home. 😁. Except for the cost.

To each their own though. I don't mind if a guy wants to use a ruck sack or a suitcase with wheels. I will make fun of them though. :)

I’m still using the $15 WalMart vest from 3 decades ago, but I honestly look at new vests all the time, just haven’t found one that doesn’t come with compromises and at the prices of these new vests, I think it should be better. My latest specific want is she’ll loops for a 410…just because.

I have been using an ALPS Impact for the last 2 seasons and I am very happy with it. It has just the right amount of pockets, the cushion is a stadium chair so you do not need a tree that folds in and out with out having to take it off or unsnap/snap it. The front right pockets detach from the vest and can be used separately. I have not used the pockets separately. In general I am not a fan of ALPS however this vest checks the boxes for me.
I got the same vest this year and love it. I don't carry a lot, but it all disappeared securely. Good vest for the $ IMO.

2ski

WKR
Yeah, I would maybe use that to hunt squirrels in the hickory nuts back home. 😁. Except for the cost.

To each their own though. I don't mind if a guy wants to use a ruck sack or a suitcase with wheels. I will make fun of them though. :)
I've never used mine for turkeys as I don't hunt turkeys. But for upland hunting it's awesome. Kind of like the same way I felt the first hike I took with my Kifaru DT2 and you realize you don't feel the weight. For walking around for Upland it's sweet. And it is well made. So much better than vests where you carry on your shells in slots in front of your chest and stomach. So for me amd my dog and carrying water and shells I love it. Again I can't speak for the Turkey setup.

hobbes

WKR
I've never used mine for turkeys as I don't hunt turkeys. But for upland hunting it's awesome. Kind of like the same way I felt the first hike I took with my Kifaru DT2 and you realize you don't feel the weight. For walking around for Upland it's sweet. And it is well made. So much better than vests where you carry on your shells in slots in front of your chest and stomach. So for me amd my dog and carrying water and shells I love it. Again I can't speak for the Turkey setup.
It looks like a good pheasant or grouse vest. It sounds like good quality but wouldn't work for turkeys for me, or at least it's not going to be a preference for me.

I've been really liking the Alps grand slam. Wanted something with a kickstand to open up more setup options and it has been working great this season. Little heavy but I don't mind that.

Recently decided to give the grounded vest a go. It has a spot for all my stuff, but the main thing I liked about it was the amazing seat cushion. Really held up and didn’t go flat on long sits.