Ultralight Bipod - Arca Direct Fit

cwpepper

FNG
Are there any direct fit Arca ultralight bipods out there? Or are there any soon to be released to market?

There are some good conversions parts that convert other lightweight bipods but those add ounces. Looking for options for direct-fit to Arca.

More and more rifles are integrating Arca plates directly into their rifle stocks, the HNT26 rifle stock for example, so it would seem there should be some options out there that maybe I’m just not finding.

Last edited:

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been using the Mtn Gear bipod for a while and wanting an ARCA direct version, which they just released. I'll be getting my hands on one soon.

OP
C

cwpepper

FNG
I've been using the Mtn Gear bipod for a while and wanting an ARCA direct version, which they just released. I'll be getting my hands on one soon.
Thank you! This is exactly what I am looking for. I feel like you mentioned this on your podcast previously but this must have slipped my memory. Glad to hear that bipod is still hitting high marks for you. I’ll plan to get one ordered.

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I can let you know what I think but expect to be very happy.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The new ARCA version feels more refined and stronger (first impressions), but weighs the exact same (5.6oz) as the previous picatinny version with needed rail/hardware…

Attachments

• IMG_8967.jpeg
    IMG_8967.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_8968.jpeg
    IMG_8968.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 130

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Side-by-side comparison

Attachments

• IMG_8970.jpeg
    IMG_8970.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_8969.jpeg
    IMG_8969.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 125
OP
C

cwpepper

FNG
Update. Pulled the trigger on the Mtn Gear Mountain Bipod. Confident it will meet the needs of what I’m looking for. Thanks everybody for the advice. If there are any future learnings I’ll update the thread.

MojaveJim

FNG
How stable is the mtn gear bipod compared to a Harris/Atlas?
It's not even close to an Atlas, more in like 1st gen MDT Ckye pod with extra play. I'm about done with the light weight bipod game. Last year had a new Spartan & lost it 1st day hunting, this year I had the MntGear that I fabricated to ARCA but the leg pivot bolt was broken on the pack in to base camp, I had it in the side stretch pocket of the K4 and must of impacted it on something. It doesn't matter what it weighs if I can't use it.

@Mark at EXO , how is the connection/play overall in the updated version? I love my current picatinny mount version but there is a little play that can rattle if i leave on while hike with my K4.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Mark at EXO , how is the connection/play overall in the updated version? I love my current picatinny mount version but there is a little play that can rattle if i leave on while hike with my K4.
The lockup is definitely improved. Obviously can't speak to any long-term experience with it.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can get a Spartan bipod or the springbok shooting sticks and put on the arca adapter on your rifle to the Spartan spicket. This would be a super super late option.