Unit 1 priest lake spring bear hunt

Me and a buddy went to the east side of priest lake (east of the state park) and spring bear hunted for 5 days, and didn’t see a single black bear, but we did have a run in with a grizzly at 15 yards on an old gated logging road. Glass tons of clear cuts and walked down many old logging roads, the grass was tall and thick and everywhere. better luck next year I guess, I’d probably go a little more south next year.

Me and a buddy went to the east side of priest lake (east of the state park) and spring bear hunted for 5 days, and didn’t see a single black bear, but we did have a run in with a grizzly at 15 yards on an old gated logging road. Glass tons of clear cuts and walked down many old logging roads, the grass was tall and thick and everywhere. better luck next year I guess, I’d probably go a little more south next year.
It sounds like it's been a pretty rough year for bear hunting. I have come across 10 different bears but one very small lone bear and the rest were sows with cubs. I'll give it one more go with the family. It will be a fun trip, I won't hit it too hard.