Unit 47 Hunter-Frying Pan Wilderness

elkduds

WKR
Can't tell if you included base layer bottoms, I do. Also a beanie or fleece headcover, breathable cap w brim, gloves for some warmth like leather or microfleece. Above 10K elevation in central CO, Sept nights are likely to be below freezing, w the coldest time being just before dawn. Will your clothing be sufficient for a few days of rain or 6-12 inches of snow? If you can stay up high during a day or 2 of bad weather, your odds of success go up. Hat, gloves, full base layers and water/windproof shell make potential September weather extremes tolerable. The sun is intense @ high altitude, so hat brim and sunscreen are mandatory.

Last edited:

Thomas11

WKR
I’d ditch the legacy fleece jacket for sure and replace with a down jacket / could be just a solid color if u already have one? And add some merino bottoms. Looks like u only have the pants? Or did I miss something

OP
F
Can't tell if you included base layer bottoms, I do. Also a beanie or fleece headcover, breathable cap w brim, gloves for some warmth like leather or microfleece. Above 10K elevation in central CO, Sept nights are likely to be below freezing, w the coldest time being just before dawn. Will your clothing be sufficient for a few days of rain or 6-12 inches of snow? If you can stay up high during a day or 2 of bad weather, your odds of success go up. Hat, gloves, full base layers and water/windproof shell make potential September weather extremes tolerable. The sun is intense @ high altitude, so hat brim and sunscreen are mandatory.

I hadn't planned on bringing base layer bottoms but I have had several people say to have them. What weight for the pants. I have lightweight and heavy weight synthetic I don't have any merino. I didn't include the hats but yes will have a beanie and cap as well as sunscreen.

I can swap out the Legacy Fleece for a puffy liner from a ski soft shell jacket if that's the way to go. It is definitely lighter than the legacy fleece.

elkduds

WKR
190 (light) weight base layers should be adequate for Sept. Puffy sounds more versatile than the fleece. Good luck, you are headed for great country.