Unknown tikka action mod issues…

ID_Matt

WKR
Here at UM, we would never use Talley or any other hybrid style scope rings on our rifles so we didn't think too hard about mentioning that.
OK, I am being that guy. Hybrid rings are on the UM site with the description "There is nothing on the market that compares" and "If you're looking for the most robust and light set of rings on the market, you just found them"

I know it is probably copy and paste from the manufacture website, but still.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
OK, I am being that guy. Hybrid rings are on the UM site with the description "There is nothing on the market that compares" and "If you're looking for the most robust and light set of rings on the market, you just found them"

I know it is probably copy and paste from the manufacture website, but still.
We definitely support Hawkins and we do copy and paste their product descriptions.

ljalberta

WKR
This is a great idea, we will start working on the second program now. I will get it added to the website right away and anyone with actions not already completed can get them changed over if they so desire.

I will call them Full Port and Modified Port, modified leaving the screw in place as drawn.

Use that Rokslide10 code to get your 10% off Tikka action mods.
Love the options.

I’m doing the full Nelson reduction with the UM rings, but count me in for a pair of UM lightweight rings if you guys are able to go trim it down an ouncish.

Ditto for the 20 MOA set.

Is the code a limited time thing? I have a build in, with a bunch of random accessories for other guns, but likely won’t be completing the final invoice payment until spring once the rifles ready.

Loving the option not to lose the mounting screw. Guys like me who already have a rail and rings (Area 419/ARC) definitely need this option. I’d truly be doing it more because it looks amazing, with the side benefit of weight loss. That was a quick accommodation by UM. Good job.

OP
Rooseveltwrecker
This is how to respond to the desires of a community of shooters in case any other sponsors here need advice.
UM Jake- I apologize your action was returned missing parts. This entire process was new for my team and we have since ironed out all the fine details. The remaining hint of threads in the machining process on the ejection port has also been fixed in the program.

Although we hadn't specifically written in the product description you would lose a threaded hole, we did post several pictures and videos across the different media platforms including the pictures in the product.

Here at UM, we would never use Talley or any other hybrid style scope rings on our rifles so we didn't think too hard about mentioning that.

Again I apologize about the initial hiccups but the process is dialed now.

Use code Rokslide10 for 10% off of yours!
This is how I hoped this would go. Wasn’t trying to bash or run UM in the mud just wanted guys aware. Sites been changed sounds like other things also in the works to change programs to give guys yet more options. Glad the little details are getting worked out figured they would.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Product now updated on the website with full and modified ejection ports.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It solves the folks wanting the screw hole retained, it doesn't solve the folks wanting to use stock sportsmatch with the stock recoil pin (the clamp would still hang off where the dovetail is removed). But there are three options for sportmatch that come to mind:
1) If you'll sell some of the pins you use on your rings loose folks could put one in a rear position and switch the sportsmatch ring with the hole to a rear position.
2) Don't use the recoil pin and just clamp the dovetail
3) Drill another hole in their sports match ring that is further back (they only have one hole where yours have 3).

Sadler

WKR
Sheep port?
I believe that’s what it’s called. I had Karl Kampfeld do this to my 6.5 PRC a few years ago. I believe it shaved 4oz including the fluted bolt.
It’s your fault I’m getting mine modified right now with an 18” 6.5 saum barrel on order. 😂
You’re welcome!! The UM rings work well with it.
IMG_6503.jpeg

IMG_6504.jpeg

Last edited: