US issues kill order for feral cows in New Mexico

cmahoney

WKR
Here is the stuff that is always on the Nextdoor app in my neighborhood. These crazy old lady’s harass anyone involved in the roundups and freely post about tampering with the traps. They love to tell you the horses a wild, not feral because Congress said so.
9206c286f217c721f3d6cc8cefcda879.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
They did a round up in January where I was deer hunting. Ruined my hunt for a really nice buck for the area.

I had found the buck just prior to them showing up and setting up their catch pens 300 yards from where I had found the deer!

Was supposed to be 200 head in there, they caught around 60 last I heard , first with the chopper for two days, then a few cowboys and 12 dogs for a week.

Nice planning doing it during deer season in a tough place to get a tag!

Now that I know the section they were in and all those cattle are feral I may have to go back with the bow for redemption!

Was pretty wild watching them run em into the pens/trailers, watched them ctach around 35 head, one squared off with the chopper and the pilot was actually hitting the steer with his landing gear!

Mojave

WKR
I call them feral horses, and I used to be involved in the BLM wild "feral" horse program as a kid.

I saw a sign in Outback Australia with feral horses on it "Brumbies" saying do the right thing. Meaning shoot them all down.

cmahoney

WKR
I assume you call pheasants, chuckars, and huns feral, not wild.

I call them pheasants chukar and Huns. No issue with them because they are managed and there isn’t a group of crazy people who want them to take over. Call the horses wild if you want but they are an invasive species and wild is used in the propaganda to gain support to oppose the round ups.

Thanks for chipping though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk