Volunteers Needed to Hunt Bison on the Grand Canyon's North Rim

Go back and read your original comment that I quoted. If you still don't understand why working for a taxpayer funded agency isn't a typical volunteer situation, I don't know what to tell you.

Just about every state and federal natural resource management agency has a volunteer program. It's a very common type of volunteer opportunity, particularly for young people and retirees who are interested in the outdoors.

Last edited:
Well iam in. I can guarantee that myself as well as others on this site have volunteered for way worse govt clusters than this could ever turn out to be.

I haerd that more than 12 people died from Covid... Now lightning, that's 1 in 16000 so you absolutely have a better chance of getting hit by lightning. Now I'm worried.

I am one of the 45,000.

Here's my my fear: getting selected as one of the top 25...only to get dropped at the cutdown to 12.

Here's my nightmare: getting selected as one of the top 12, taking a week off work, driving 22 hours to the Grand Canyon with five of my buddies....only to fail the shooting test.

I hope they entered all 45000 applicants into the Arizona draw system --- bison will die of old age before they calculated the results.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Is there really anyone here that is worried about getting 3 of 5 shots into a 4" plate ?
I seriously think if you don't get the 5 for 5 in a good tight group you will not even be considered.

Last edited:
Is there really anyone here that is worried about getting 3 of 5 shots into a 4" plate ?
I seriously think if you don't get the 5 for 5 in a good tight group you will not even be considered.

Have you ever seen the way airlines handle baggage?

Back