Vortex diamondback Binos input needed

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

Needing input regarding the 10x50 or 12x50 Diamondback's... Mainly at how they perform at low light as i have never seen or used them.

These are not for me, but for my guide in central asia.

I already have a pair of Leica Geovids to use and not interested at buying another high end pair of binos when i can possibly use the money for a second ibex.

Thanks in advance

We had a couple pairs between us and they worked well, so we thought. My wife bought herself a new pair of Nikon Monarch 5's and they were way better. I bought a set of Cabela's branded binos for my oldest son which also turned out a little bit better, subjectively, though rumor has it they're made by Vortex.

A buddy had the 12x50’s. They’re better than nothing, but with entry level bino’s the higher the magnification the more it’ll show the flaws. Larger exit pupil with the 10’s too, so that has my vote

A buddy had the 12x50’s. They’re better than nothing, but with entry level bino’s the higher the magnification the more it’ll show the flaws. Larger exit pupil with the 10’s too, so that has my vote
Agree with this, our Diamondback 10x42's were noticeably better than our 12x50's.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I recall comparing 10x50 Diamondback classics to Razor 10x42's in low light. The Razors were noticeably brighter.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the 10x50's for the extended eye relief because I wear glasses, but they are bulkier and heavier. Diamondbacks are great truck binoculars, but not for extended periods of glassing imho.

nobody

WKR
10x50’s. More light through lesser glass adds brightness to the image and can make up for some of the shortcomings of lower glass quality.