Washington Archery Elk hunters …

Jason277

WKR
Ok fellow Washington archery elk hunters we are the bastard children of the western states, sound off . I’m hunting west side first week ! Who’s hunting East , West etc..

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
West sider here for 8 years and I've hunted in this state one time. Utah and Oregon on my menu this year.

just.mark

FNG
I've hunted archery for 5 years on the coast but this year im hunting Idaho in September. I drew both multi season tags this year, going to find out if this late rut in muzzle loader is a thing.

Tahoma

FNG
I moved to the west side from Colorado recently but haven't had a chance to hunt out here. How has your west side experience been out here generally? I know everyone shits on it but I took a road trip to the peninsula and saw a ton of elk over 5 days.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I moved to the west side from Colorado recently but haven't had a chance to hunt out here. How has your west side experience been out here generally? I know everyone shits on it but I took a road trip to the peninsula and saw a ton of elk over 5 days.
I’ve been hunting elk here for 5 years . I’m a late starter in the hunting game . Started at 40
Killed my first bull last year with a muzzle loader . I usually hunt archery but drew a multi season tag so I took advantage of it. I don’t have any other state to compare it to as far as pressure etc… definitely not easy but that’s why most of us do it …

SWOHTR

WKR
I’ll be doing eastern side for the first time. I have low hopes. Mostly looking forward to getting away for a while.

SwiftShot

WKR
West side for me. I hope they dont close timber for fire danger. We need some rain.

SWOHTR

WKR
Eastern WA elk hunter. Since 2017. It's a love hate for sure over here haha
Why the love? I can understand the hate, I've read all about it. But the love, it doesn't seem like many (any?) love it, even though along the border of ID in spots...the habitat looks almost identical to ID.

selkirk21

FNG
Coughed up the big bucks and am archery hunting Montana this year. Will make it back for the Eastern WA October rut though. First year hunting the muzzie season here and am just considering it bonus on top of my Montana hunt.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
Why the love? I can understand the hate, I've read all about it. But the love, it doesn't seem like many (any?) love it, even though along the border of ID in spots...the habitat looks almost identical to ID.
I would say the whole E side of the state is just as beautiful as ID. And there is fairly accessible elk and numbers in some areas.... Just super regulated

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
going to pass on elk this year. I have a new bird dog I want to concentrate on. however next year looks like ill be doing eastern wa or out of state.