Waterfowl recommends ND/Saskatchewan

Any recommendations on waterfowl outfitters for ND or Saskatchewan?

Not looking for anything fancy.

T-town

FNG
Saskatoon Waterfowl Outfitters-

Been friends with Mike and Don since first hunting with them in 2007 or 2008. I need to get back up there.

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
I think it's been 2 years ago. During Covid when the border was closed. He knew we may freelance after staying with them. Promised us "whole upstairs to ourselves," then stuffed us in tiny room with 4 bunks. They had that lodge stuffed full. Trash cans overflowing with beer cans. Put us in crap places, made sure to put us in a goose field on one of the two days law allowed hunting geese at night, so he could put the guys he wanted on ducks in the morning and use the goose decoys that night for the group he perceived would tip best. The last morning we were put with another group, 9 guys on a little marsh and shot maybe 2 ducks. Other guys there cut their stays with him short. The list could go on. He used the excuse "that's huntin" but 2 groups came back to the lodge with limits of good birds while we were shooting half limits of divers, etc. My buddy made a video on youtube of his experience. We shot way more birds on our own flying blind later. YMMV, but our experience was awful.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I just listened to some of the review on YouTube ... Not calling anyone a liar, but there's contradicting information in the video and comments from your buddy.

Not denying you had a bad experience, but I know a ton of people who have had a good experience there. Chad is a standup guy, I've hunted with him a few times (majority of times hunting as friends, not as a paying client).

I'd have no qualms sending someone to hunt with Stone Prairie Outfitters if they're looking for an outfitter that works hard to put people on birds.