Website Down!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
We had some nasty Malware! We thought that we should shut the site down so no one was infected but I found out it was not an infecting virus. Thanks for your patience! She was a nasty bitch:)

Last edited:

OBP

WKR
You and me both ! I forget just how boring most of the other hunting oriented sites are until Rokslide isn't available.

X2, the only thing they were good for was getting status updates on rokslide! haha

Shrek

WKR
I texted Ryan a couple of times and you guys should know he has been wrestling with this slippery monster since midnight. It was a long , frustrating fight. I'm thankful the site captain is one tuff techie ! I'd stroke out if I has to fight the computer like that. Nobody to lay your hands on and get some satisfaction out of.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks Ryan. I kept the AT folks informed =-). They where over there having withdrawals. What Virus did you catch by the way? Sounds like it was a doozy.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Malware, short for malicious (or malevolent) software, is software used or programmed by attackers to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. It can appear in the form of code, scripts, active content, and other software.[SUP][1][/SUP] 'Malware' is a general term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software.[SUP][2][/SUP]
Malware includes computer viruses, ransomware, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, dialers, spyware, adware, malicious BHOs, rogue security software and other malicious programs; the majority of active malware threats are usually worms or trojans rather than viruses.[SUP][3][/SUP] In law, malware is sometimes known as a computer contaminant, as in the legal codes of several U.S. states.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] Malware is different from defective software, which is a legitimate software but contains harmful bugs that were not corrected before release. However, some malware is disguised as genuine software, and may come from an official company website in the form of a useful or attractive program which has the harmful malware embedded in it along with additional tracking software that gathers marketing statistics.[SUP][6][/SUP]
Software such as anti-virus, anti-malware, and firewalls are relied upon by users at home, small and large organisations around the globe to safeguard against malware attacks which helps in identifying and preventing the further spread of malware in the network.

Shrek

WKR
After all these posts about having to work all day I'm starting to think it might be the US Chamber of Commerce that was trying to take down Rokslide. Trying to get productivity up.