Weighted pack work...

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
So this is something I really have a question about:
How do you guys keep your pack from getting too stinky? I have to say, I'm a sweater.... I'm kinda worried that after a few months of weighted ruck's with my pack on its going to be a salty, funky mess.
Any tips/ideas?
I'm running a Kifaru MOLLE Express....
Thanks for the input guys!

Best thing I have found is to hose it down, then let it bake in the sun on your truck hood or something similar for a few hours. UV rays are probably not good for your pack, but it works for me.

Take-a-knee

Banned
Best thing I have found is to hose it down, then let it bake in the sun on your truck hood or something similar for a few hours. UV rays are probably not good for your pack, but it works for me.

Don't EVER hang nylon in the sun on purpose. It'll dry slower in the shade, but it'll dry. Also, you're going hunting, not getting ready for SFAS. One longish ruck per week, maybe a second, is all anybody needs to do, combined with a Crossfit based program. They sell some stuff called Mirazyme that will supposedly defunk waders and wetsuits. You could soak the belt in it if you want.

bwlacy

WKR
Primos Silver XP scent killer spray. I haven't tried it on my new pack yet, but that stuff works great on everything else I've ever sprayed it on.

djsmith46

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I've never really given it any thought. I'm a sweater too and when something stinks I usually just shove it in my buddies' face, make him smell it, and then I giggle. When I'm overnighting (backcountry style) everything has a certain funk. My wool stinks less but my balls, feet, armpits and taint are wool free.

As far as ideas. Wash it with luke warm water and a mild detergent.

CA Karen

Lil-Rokslider
Make a slurrie out of baking soda and work it in the pack, let it set 15-20 min. then wash with a mild soap. Rinse thoroughly pat dry with a towel and then hang it in the shade, garage, spare bathroom till dry. While hunting you can spray it down with your favorite scent killer when you get back to camp and let it dry if necessary.

OP
SkinnyPete

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies guys! Much appreciated.
I am doing 1 weighted ruck per week. I just didn't want my pack to reak come September lol! I have been using dead down wind for years and it works, I just don't think it can keep up with workout sweat. In the field, yeah, but I want a clean slate so to speak as the season rolls around.
Thanks again so much!

Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and put a little Woolite in it. Soak your pack for a couple of hours, then rinse really well. Let it dry in the shade.

Im gona try this approach. I got a stinky fish smelling pack i use to trout fish with

Not the cheapest way, but I have a "workout pack" and a "Hunting" pack. I guess after 5 days in the wilderness, we all stick like dead donkeys for an animal that can smell about 10,000 part per million :)