What a great day for me and i would expect others!

jmez

WKR
My friend is a top exec in State Farm and he told me Corporate greed destroyed healthcare.The salaries of these people would make you sick, it goes down the line to the Hospitals and you get to pay for it all.
Profit driven healthcare is the problem.

I think that is partially but not totally true. You also can look at the Lasik and plastic surgery practices. Lasik, for the most part, is paid for out of pocket. Most all elective plastic surgeries are also paid for out of pocket. Both of those entities over the years have improved techniques and procedures at the same rate as non elective medicine and both continue to thrive. They simply have to keep procedures affordable or they don't work.

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
What is a good example of an unbiased news source? Where do we get true information that tries to look at both sides and presents it fairly?

I hate biased news too. None are perfect, but I think Morning Joe does a pretty good job of giving fair treatment to all sides. There are even several instances where libs call out libs for BS and the same for conservatives. They have guys on from Bloomberg politics a lot - there stuff is pretty centered also.

There is a new site from some of the guys from politico called axios. It has only been live for about a week, but it seems pretty reasonable so far. I'm also a fan of the Wall Street Journal.

IdahoElk

WKR
That's like saying capitalism is the problem. "For profit" is NOT the problem. Have you seen the salaries of those folks heading up "non-profits"? Profit has nothing to do with the problem.

I'm just repeating what an admitted obscenely paid EXEC at State Farm told me but hey,I bet you know more than someone that has been in it for 30yrs.
Carry on

elkguide

WKR
In hunting camp with me this year was a couple of "executives" from Canada.

They asked if we knew where all the good Doctors in Canada were.
Had no real idea so guessed..... Toronto, Montreal, Lethbridge or one of the other big cities.

They both laughed and said, "No. They're in California!"

I don't think for profit healthcare is in of itself the problem. Greed in the system is. However the for profit has lead to some of the biggest leaps in healthcare. It inspires competition and advancements. It's when peoples agendas Get in the way we see the problems we have. Same with capitalism, religion, politics, you name it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm just repeating what an admitted obscenely paid EXEC at State Farm told me but hey,I bet you know more than someone that has been in it for 30yrs.
Carry on

Ok, without a profit incentive how long do you think it would take for companies to bring new medicines or procedures to market? A long freakin time. You live in Hailey, you must be doing ok yourself. Do you work for nothing? What the hell does him having worked for State Farm have to do with healthcare? His opinion is just that, HIS opinion.

TheCougar

WKR
Oh good, a political thread on rokslide. I was just thinking that is what we need here. A bunch of bickering, facts without actual data, or proof to back it up (I think those are called alternative facts now). I bet if we keep this thread going we will probably convince lots of people to change their minds and political views. If you will excuse me, I am going to go suck-start my pistol now...

I'm too old and way to cynical to experience joy or sorrow over who is currently occupying the WH.

But oh dear watching the media, Hollywood and the insane local politicians go into complete and epic three year old meltdown fit mode is incredibly entertaining for this cynical old fart :).