What a great day for me and i would expect others!

Beastmode

WKR
I don't like to comment on these threads too much since they usually turn in to a pissing match. But here are couple things I have noticed.

I am not better than I was 8 years ago. My healthcare has skyrocketed. My wages have increased just slightly due to COL. I am taxed at a higher rate. My write offs don't count because of alternative minimum tax. Obama has given our grandchildren more debt than all the other presidents combined. Let me guess, "that's Bush's fault."

I honestly don't think Trump has done anything to divide this country. The media has played this card because he doesn't fit their agenda. Obama has brought so much race tension to this country it is ridiculous. The relations with police officers have turned to shit because of the media and politicians. Officers are retiring at an alarming rate and guys who aren't eligible are finding different work. The shortage will soon be a scary situation.

Trump wants to bring back the America where hard work paid off for that individual, not all the parasites of society. I know there are good people on the system, but the majority of them have entitlement issues. Anything that threatens hard work pays off principal is a flat tire on the American vehicle. Illegal Immigration and terrorism both threaten America. Trump isn't going to bring back slavery or take away a woman's voting rights.

Since this a hunting website lets do this. Say you planned for 3 years, scouted a ton, stayed in awesome shape, ate right, got the best gear you could afford, didn't go grab a beer with your buddies to save for that tag and killed a 160 inch buck. Another guy got a tag for free from the fish and wildlife, never scouted, got gear at a discount rate through fish and wildlife, fish and wildlife circles a spot on the map where the big ones are and he kills a 180 inch buck. Where is the incentive for the second guy to go out and do everything on his own, when the government can give him all he needs.

This is how broken our system is. The average family of 4 gets $60k a year in government subsidies. Nobody can go out and get a job with no skill or school and make that money right off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump wants to bring back the America where hard work paid off for that individual, not all the parasites of society. I know there are good people on the system, but the majority of them have entitlement issues. Anything that threatens hard work pays off principal is a flat tire on the American vehicle. Illegal Immigration and terrorism both threaten America. Trump isn't going to bring back slavery or take away a woman's voting rights.
Hmm, in 2006, 59B was spent on traditional social welfare programs and 92B was spent on corporate subsidies, mostly in the form of tax cuts. Meanwhile income inequality has risen steadily since Reagan:

Income inequality in the United States - Wikipedia

Tell me again who the "parasites" are?

Hmm, in 2006, 59B was spent on traditional social welfare programs and 92B was spent on corporate subsidies, mostly in the form of tax cuts. Meanwhile income inequality has risen steadily since Reagan:

Income inequality in the United States - Wikipedia

Tell me again who the "parasites" are?

All of them. The lazy people and the corrupt corporations. Just because you're not the biggest offender doesn't mean you're not guilty.

woods89

WKR
As much as these threads probably give the mods a headache, I see some value in them as long as it doesn't degenerate into personal attacks and name calling. They force me to reconsider some of my biases and ideas.

As to healthcare, no argument here as to the fact that its not in good shape. Hasn't it been that way for a long time though? I have a younger brother who is a type 1 diabetic. My dad worked full time and my mom worked part time much of his childhood and fortunately the state picked up the tab for most of his medical expenses. When he turned 19 and lost eligibility for state aid he was faced with a choice, either not work so he could get state help with his medical supplies or take advantage of my father being born in Manitoba, get his dual citizenship, and move north. At 19 years of age he moved to southern Alberta as not working is just not in my families value system. He is now married, teaches school in a small private school, and works for local farmers after school and in summer. It is an absolute shame that he felt he had no good option in this country, as we need more people like him. However, there is no way he can work hard enough to keep his insulin pump working without some help. ( Please, let's not make this a discussion of Canada's healthcare system. That is it's own can of worms.)

I'm also friends with several RN's. They also tell me that the system is broken and really don't have a solution to put forth. I don't know if any of us want to start not shocking heart attack patients because they can't write a check for their care. I think of my own business and wonder what it would be like to know that a fairly large percentage of my customers either could not pay for the work I do or that I would have to wrangle with their insurance for a while before getting paid. Obviously the ACA has not solved this problem.

Is there hope for a bipartisan solution of some type? What would that look like? The ACA will go down in history as the Obama administration's baby, but aren't both parties somewhat to blame here for not buckling down and finding a solution?

As to welfare, our culture is riddled with it, from top to bottom. Lot's of families here in the Ozarks live on government subsidies and drug money. It stinks, for sure, and is the ruination of a lot of lives. Unfortunately, without it, kids likely would be starving to death here.

If I understand the numbers right, however, there is a lot more money spent on what could arguably be called welfare in defense contracts, corporate subsidies, and the Farm bill than on social programs. I can't provide hard numbers here, so take this with a grain of salt, but that is my understanding. The system would have to be shaken up to a major degree, however, to see this go away.

The fact is, it's a tough world out there. As a business owner, I too tire of jumping through the hoops, but then I tell myself it still beats living in most 3rd world countries by a long shot. I just hope that I can instill the sense of unselfishly working for the benefit of not only yourself but for the good of your community in my children. For many of us, this will be our greatest legacy.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I find it funny/mostly sad/SMH that what appears that so many folks who identify as Christian/conservative really don't care what happens to poor people. Just like Jesus.

That's your assumption, and a cop out in the grand scheme of things to expect Christians or anybody else to care.

What's generally the real case is that Christians and most every conservative KNOWS that it is NOT the government that should be providing for them........period. That doesn't mean nobody cares, that just means that we care about our nation as a whole. Do I care more about our nation as a whole more than the poor people........yes. I care more about our nation as a whole than I do about myself as well. We are all just pawns and a very minute speck in the grand scheme of things........but the nation is of utmost importance. That should be the bottom line in every decision our Congress, the President, the SCOTUS, and our government makes.......not taking care of the poor.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Here's another HUGE problem with America today.....Social Security and Medicare. I have no idea how or why it all started, but it was a horrible idea from the start. Thanks to those healthcare companies and drug companies that everyone loves to hate, people are living much longer than they were several decades ago. It has become a full time job of Medicare to nurse these people to some form of health to keep them alive yet another decade.

So........they are now pulling in way more SS than they ever put into the system (because of longer lives) which is raising the debt......it's government sponsored and subsidized retirement. Then these same people are taking in WAY WAY more in Medicare costs than they ever even thought about contributing over their working lifetimes.........so Medicare is a complete drain on America as well. The you add in just general government welfare for those that refuse to work, and medicaid, and we have a ridiculous amount of drain on our government coffers..........NONE of which should be coming out of the government coffers to begin with.

This whole socialized medicine, socialized welfare, socialized retirement funding and every other feel good $$$$$$ government obligation is killing America.

Ntgm37

Lil-Rokslider
2ski is exactly why Bozeman is such a terrible place to go to anymore. It can't get any more liberal, pansy, granola than Bozeman these days. Thanks for your solid contributions to the thread 2ski.

JWP58

WKR
Like I said, sucks about your insurance. Apologies about bringing any religious discussions into this. Seems this thread has now violated 2 cardinal rules-don't talk about politics and religion. I sincerely hope that your insurance situation gets better for you and your family.

Let's be honest, no you dont.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
And the ignorance continues... Leave your comfortable bubble fellas and start reading multiple sources of news. I can tell you that Rush and Fox are not moderate or neutral sources, and often are not accurately representing the truth. Read the Wall Street Journal and the NY Times. Listen to NPR. Challenge yourself to see other opinions, and have conversations with people you don't agree with and try to see their side. Talk with them. Don't simply surround yourself with people that have same opinion as you. If you put your time in and educate yourselves, I think that many of the opinions on here would be different and more informed. Many of the opinions on here I see are not informed, they are based on preexisting bias and misinformation. Hell, many probably don't even know that state transfer of federal public lands was on the republican platform. Time to start writing your representatives and focus on whats really important.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Listen to NPR.

NPR is one of the worst for unbiased news. I feel dirty and sick to my stomach listening to even a small portion of their drivvle.

I prefer to stay away from all the news sources as much as possible.......they'll make you dumber, that's for sure. But at some point you have to know what your enemies are up to. That's one reason why I can't figure out why so many people have a problem with Tillerson's relationship with Putin. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Challenge yourself to see other opinions, and have conversations with people you don't agree with and try to see their side.

One should always see and understand both sides (or all sides). But most are short-sighted and can't or won't follow the logic or illogic to the end. Most get stuck on an immediate impact and can't see past that, or what that means for the future, or the country as a whole. Most all of the liberal ideologies seem great for individuals, but are horrible for the nation as a whole.......especially in the long run. So while we can see and understand both sides.......there are consequences for every choice we make individually and as a nation. While we have the freedom to make those choices, we don't have the freedom to choose the consequences. People need to study up on the consequences of choices........on all sides, and not get stuck in the present only and how it affects "ME". The nation comes before I do.

Last edited:

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Trump isn't going to make anything spectacular happen. He's not about to start sending nukes either. For me, I just think things needed to get mixed up a little, and I think they did. That's better than a continuation of what we had.

I'm not sure when we will learn...the sky is always falling with each new president and then meh...not much changes. My theory on trump is that he won't be president in two years. He could get impeached potentially, I have always been suspicious of the "We need a CEO from business" idea. In his world he is king and can do anything he wants. The oval office has to navigate law and he will be very frustrated that he can't do what he wants. I also think he will find the job tedious and boring. My theory is that in two years he will say something like "I am so great, that I have accomplished more in two years than any president could in 8.." He'll hand it off to Pence and go back to his old life.

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Npr is government funded it should be going away soon when the spending gets tightened up

TJ

WKR
Npr is government funded it should be going away soon when the spending gets tightened up

I don't usually comment on these political bullshit topics because there is always too much misinformation and too much hate. so here goes:
I'm calling hogwash on the above statement. Get your f'n facts right.

PieChart_01_2015-01_custom-3ec10bd89b469c991bb411857757654d6a14a077-s800-c85.jpg

People need to study up on the consequences of choices........on all sides, and not get stuck in the present only and how it affects "ME". The nation comes before I do.

That to me is a big problem with the left in general.... Most of my friends and family that swing left vote single issue on a very finite policy or program that is directly affecting them at that point. Case in point those that are on Obamacare are now (likely) lifelong voters for govt healthcare because "it's been good to them" even though the view from 10,000' is it was a horrible idea that likely killed many businesses. Even elected left politicians have said it's a very bad program that isn't affordable. It's affected our federal, state, county and city govts as hard or harder than the private sector.... It is unanimoulsy viewed across the board as bad but millions of people that were on it now are never going to forget it....

It would devastate me to see the transfer of federal lands as 95% of my hunting is on federal land, but i also realize that hunting is a privilege and if those federal lands are a gigantic financial boat anchor to the govt., they aren't required to guarantee my hunting and I expect them to act fiscally responsible. As much as I would hate to see these opportunities disappear it would be selfish and irresponsible of me to vote strictly on this topic alone, just because it's near and dear to me only.

dotman

WKR
I don't usually comment on these political bullshit topics because there is always too much misinformation and too much hate. so here goes:
I'm calling hogwash on the above statement. Get your f'n facts right.

PieChart_01_2015-01_custom-3ec10bd89b469c991bb411857757654d6a14a077-s800-c85.jpg

If this breakout is true then I don't see them having a need for Gov funding at all and cutting it should not be a big deal.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure when we will learn...the sky is always falling with each new president and then meh...not much changes. My theory on trump is that he won't be president in two years. He could get impeached potentially, I have always been suspicious of the "We need a CEO from business" idea. In his world he is king and can do anything he wants. The oval office has to navigate law and he will be very frustrated that he can't do what he wants. I also think he will find the job tedious and boring. My theory is that in two years he will say something like "I am so great, that I have accomplished more in two years than any president could in 8.." He'll hand it off to Pence and go back to his old life.
I think you are right about "each new president", and that people have a hard time seeing the big picture as far as where things were and where they are headed. But....If Trump were to behave the way that you predict....in my opinion, it would still be an improvement. These actions would still cause a bit of a riff in politics as we know it. The Bush's, The Clintons, The Obamas....they are simply a diplomatic extension of the guys sitting around wearing wigs writing declarations about freedom and equality after slaughtering indigenous peoples and owning slaves...an extension of those that put Saddam in power in the 60's so that we had more control over resource revenues and then going in to shut him down and shut him up when he behaved outside of how we intended him to. And lately you've got Hillary and the Obamas rubbing elbows with thugs like Theodore Obiong to continue to control resource revenues. Controlling these resource revenues by cutting deals with violent, unlawful dictators who don't believe in the principles of popular resource sovereignty violates human rights to the extreme in the countries where it takes place....while they spin their proposed domestic oil tax as a "green initiative" to the ignorant, uninformed liberal public. And as disturbed as I am about the idea of public land privatization, there are a few bigger, international issues at steak that deserve some consideration when one goes to vote.

By no means do I think Trump is a great guy, or a savior to our country. He is a politician as well, but he's not the kind of polished turd that we have grown accustomed to, and despite his downfalls, and imperfect speech, you can bet that he's a lot more transparent than his predecessors.

It was also mentioned in another post....something about a minority that voted him in. Let's be real....there are no higher powers within our government that ever wanted Trump to be in office. The people voted him in. The idiots that are crying, rioting and protesting about him being sworn in aren't a majority. Luckily the majority in this great country has got shit to do.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
What is a good example of an unbiased news source? Where do we get true information that tries to look at both sides and presents it fairly?

elkguide

WKR
Look guys.

The only form of a fair and efficient government would have to be

that of a "Benevolent Dictator" and then only if it was me!!!!!!!!!!!

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Take it easy big tj I see about 45 percent of that funding coming from the taxpayer whatever way you want to cut the pie buddy. In the 70s and 80s npr was fully goverment funded lately they have figured out a way to move the money around and call it something else