What alpaca raft for moose quarters?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The inflatable floor is a drop-stitch design and becomes extremely hard at full pressure (5.5-6psi). The floor provides rigidity and a flat surface for standing and casting. It also provides more efficient maneuverability. But the packraft can be used without the floor if weight is a concern.

Not to hijack the thread, but do people recommend a self bailing floor or a closed bottom? I know my thoughts but I have never used one.
With just myself in a forager, I’m sitting in several inches of water. It sucks. There’s a reason there’s a tarp lining the raft in the picture I shared before, the meat would be soaking in a foot of beaver piss water for a couple hours without it. I have my doubts that tape would efficiently close up dozens of holes for a couple hours with that size of a load, especially if I was actually in the raft moving around paddling, bumping rocks, etc.

The old Pro Pioneer still comes with sometimes. I’ve stacked a good pile of animals in it. We got a group of 3 this year so it will get at least one more trip before retirement. It’s a heavy old girl, but the enclosed floor is solid and handles well on lakes. I think a Kork will be my next purchase. Seems perfect for two people tooling around on a lake. The weight and size are a nice medium where it will still fit behind the seat of a cub if needed. And as my boys start coming with, it will be able to fit myself, a moose, and them; at least until they can have their own. No more self bailers for me unless I’m in a 16 foot Sotar with a frame and seat!
IMG_5660.jpeg
Larry - stopped by to chat last weekend in the valley but you were shaking hands and kissing babies. I didn’t want this tire kicker to interrupt you making a potential sale. Catch ya next time

WMR

FNG
I have, and will in the future as well. I think it's a law, but not sure if it applies to all rafts/boats. Just common sense to me. Drowning in cold water is a much bigger danger than bear problems. I've got things to live for.

peaceman

Lil-Rokslider
Larry, what is the best way to carry the PR-49 when packing in when hunting? will it roll up and fit into a standard 6000 cu in. bag along with typical hunting gear or is it best strapped to the outside of the pack? I see it comes with a special bag to carry it and the pump, paddle etc but trying to see if it fits my needs as a try hunting packraft when a lot of hiking is necessary. Thanks!

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The rolled PR49 is about 19" long and 8" round. Some gals have packed it more shaped like a torso or backpack and either strap it around an existing pack or a bare frame. It'll fit in many bags if you roll it to fit that bag design. Hard to say which bags are best since many people have done it with a variety of ways.

Schmaltz, some of those babies were really cute in the valley. Hope to chat next time bro. That Pro Pioneer still looks good man. Keep it loaded!