Winter/Spring archery hunt options...Exotics?

fittohunt

FNG
I'm interested in some ideas for fun "off-season" archery hunts with high success rates. Guided or otherwise. Possible some exotics hunts in Texas or NM.... I would like to use my bow, and I prefer not to sit in a blind over a feeder. I've already shot a bunch of pigs, so not super exctied about that. But perhaps Audad, Orx, some other sheep ro goat species, or whitetails. Just early in the process, looking to hear whats fun and not crazy $$$. Would ideally love to kill multiple animals or species. Just something else to do in the winter/spring, and never hurts to get more shots at animals with my bow. May even consider some managnemnt hunts or does. Not really looking for trophies, more mulitple stalks, and cool enviroment. Don't care about accomodations, food, drinks, ect...

OP
F

fittohunt

FNG
What is your budget? High fence or free range? How far will you travel?
Im not sure on budget, depends on how cool it sounds....Say 5-10k.... Of course, I prefer free range, but I want to be successful. Id say anywhere in USA is fine...

Im not sure on budget, depends on how cool it sounds....Say 5-10k.... Of course, I prefer free range, but I want to be successful. Id say anywhere in USA is fine...
For that price it would be hard to beat South Africa, though Jan-March is a bit early, May-June can be good , July-Sept best.

You could get a good package for that much and throw in a couple cull animals if you ask, and will be successful on multiple animals.

In the US, there are some areas in Hawaii you can DIY bowhunt multiple goats- look at the Na Pali coast.

OP
F

fittohunt

FNG
For that price it would be hard to beat South Africa, though Jan-March is a bit early, May-June can be good , July-Sept best.

You could get a good package for that much and throw in a couple cull animals if you ask, and will be successful on multiple animals.

In the US, there are some areas in Hawaii you can DIY bowhunt multiple goats- look at the Na Pali coast.
I have hunted the Big Island in Hawaii. I found it very frustrating with no way to know what units were going to be open that day, and no way to contact the bases or public land managers. They didn't update the websites or answer the phone. Called several times per day for a couple weeks..Otherwise, if there's a better way to hunt Hawaii, Id love to find out more...

OP
F

fittohunt

FNG
Made some calls. Looking at doing a few days guided in Molokai for Axis with a bow, then bounce over to the big island for sheep/goat on public land.