What Binos do you carry?

Swarovski 10x42 SLC in a Sitka harness. I’ve had the swaros for about ten years. I installed a Vortex tripod adapter, last year (much more compact than Swarovski factory mount). Glassing from a tripod is a big plus.

Currently running 8.5x42 Swaro ELs and don’t see myself changing anytime soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would look into getting 12s. the 10s didn't have much benefit for me over the 8s. I hunt hardwoods in the Midwest and mountains in the western states

Hey everyone, I’m just curious what optics do you all carry during elk or mule deer season? I currently carry a vortex 10x36 monocular but I’m pretty much blind in one eye.
Are you planning on sticking with a monocular? If you're relying on a singe eye anyway, Binos are really overkill right? I've considered the old Swarovski rangefinder. Its bulky compared to similar offerings but offers a 30mm objective which is pretty big for a rangefinder. You can scan the timber easily with it if you're still hunting, and still range. You can find them on eBay for rather cheap. Not a fix for everyone but perhaps worth some consideration. I think it would be a step up from your Vortex.

Swarovski 8x30 SLC because that's what I have. Looking to get a 10x42 for next season.
Thats what I run and as much as I'd like new optics, I just love them. They are super light and are pretty clear. The longer I have them the more I notice the clarity fall off at the edges but I always just think im being picky. I may pick up another pair on eBay soon to outfit my oldest boy as he is old enough to start taking hunting serious.

Vortex razor 10x42, I really like them. I want to add a pair of 15s to my collection hopefully before next season.

Cabela's Euro binoculars, 10x42. Good quality as opposed to their lower-end options, but not as pricey as some of the bigger names.

Vortex razor 8x42

At some point I will get 10x42’s

Best binos I’ve compared for the money were Zeiss terra Ed or hd. Glass quality/clarity was right up there with higher priced binos we had on the mountain

Nikon Monarch 5 12x42 on a tripod compared them to buddies 20x56 Vortex Kaibabs honestly I couldn't tell much of a difference

Zeiss Victory SF 10x42 - looked at all the alpha glasses side-by-side and to my eyes the Zeiss was the sharpest by a hair, but also has a massive FOV and incredible balance/handling.

Was replacing my Zeiss 10x40 BA G*T* - after many years of hard use the hinge no longer held. But after I got the new one I sent back to Zeiss and they fixed it for free. Great to now also have a top notch “knock around.”

Back