What do yall do for side income?

AkRyan

WKR
Cannabis cultivation consultant. I know I can't be the only Marijuana business owner on here.

I wrap fishing rods. From ice fishing jigging rods to offshore surface iron sticks to fish kelp patties. Not really a side gig, per se, because I more often than not just gift them to folks.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Retired 5 years ago from IDNR. Have the pension and last year added social security. Then a local company called and offered me a Pipeline inspector job. Now I travel the country and make pretty good money. It’s extra money for hunting equipment and trips.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Real estate- I own quite a few rental units across Wisconsin, also have a short-term rental on Lake Superior and a couple in AK. I've toned down to part-time at my normal W2 gig as a PT, will likely go full real-state in the next 3-4 years. Probably could financially now, but I'd be bored.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I work way too many hours at my main job but I still make time for selling honey bees and honey. My regular job is a desk job and the bees are pretty hard labor but I enjoy it and it keeps me in shape (kind of).
We're in our 2nd year, with 2 hives, (started out with Russians, but with all of the swarming, who knows) both have been bringing in pollen for a few weeks (Littleton, CO) and plan on first inspections the next warm day to pull the candy boards off, and add honey supers with feeders and pollen patties.

Any advice on walk-away splits? I hate chasing swarms... We have another hive with 2 brood boxes with built out frames, never have sold packages or nucs.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

LFC911

WKR
I saw several guys said they raised cattle, I have a nephew a couple hours out of KC that can grow them for me...angus and/or angus cross typically, grass fed, grass finished or corn fed. I have helped them find buyers for quarters or sides beef in KC when they have them to sell. I thought about investing in a few head and trying it for myself. Just wondered if the risk was worth the benefit? Sounds like if you have a creative accountant you can write off part of the truck, a trailer, maybe some toys (atv), home office, etc...

KsRancher

WKR
I saw several guys said they raised cattle, I have a nephew a couple hours out of KC that can grow them for me...angus and/or angus cross typically, grass fed, grass finished or corn fed. I have helped them find buyers for quarters or sides beef in KC when they have them to sell. I thought about investing in a few head and trying it for myself. Just wondered if the risk was worth the benefit? Sounds like if you have a creative accountant you can write off part of the truck, a trailer, maybe some toys (atv), home office, etc...
I wouldn't do it if only going to do a few. Money in cattle is done in volume. Unless you have a little niche market for something out of the ordinary.

flathead#2

Lil-Rokslider
We're in our 2nd year, with 2 hives, (started out with Russians, but with all of the swarming, who knows) both have been bringing in pollen for a few weeks (Littleton, CO) and plan on first inspections the next warm day to pull the candy boards off, and add honey supers with feeders and pollen patties.

Any advice on walk-away splits? I hate chasing swarms... We have another hive with 2 brood boxes with built out frames, never have sold packages or nucs.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Been planning on foolin with bees myself when I retire. I need to get started actually beecause I hope to retire in no more than 2 years.

fittohunt

FNG
Flip real estate, learn how to buy, and how the financing works. Move slowly and be picky. Only buy the worst homes in great zip codes. Rinse and repeat.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone got ideas with flexible schedules? Something that’s work from home so I’m not tied down to physical location? Main job is a skilled trade but probably no overtime this year and it’s not something that I can do on the side (without investing several grand to start).

180ls1

WKR
Anyone got ideas with flexible schedules? Something that’s work from home so I’m not tied down to physical location? Main job is a skilled trade but probably no overtime this year and it’s not something that I can do on the side (without investing several grand to start).

Find a way to save up several grand.

180ls1

WKR
Will you donate to my go fund me?🙂. Trying to find a side gig that could pay for that upstart.

That would be pretty cool to do some day but I am not in that position yet. Best of luck, I am a financial advisor by trade so anything short of that fire away.

I've also studied wealth creation quite a bit and doubling down on increasing your primary income is critical. Rarely if ever do people earn significant wealth from side gigs.

If you've never actually tracked your budget please try it for a month or two. Down to the penny. As annoying as it is, I think you'll come away glad you did.

Sell foot photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would be pretty cool to do some day but I am not in that position yet. Best of luck, I am a financial advisor by trade so anything short of that fire away.

I've also studied wealth creation quite a bit and doubling down on increasing your primary income is critical. Rarely if ever do people earn significant wealth from side gigs.

If you've never actually tracked your budget please try it for a month or two. Down to the penny. As annoying as it is, I think you'll come away glad you did.
We’re pretty familiar that stuff, my wife does accounting for a financial planning firm. I like to say that we’re smart broke as in no car payments just mortgage and reoccurring utilities. We put some away for future planning. Got one going to college this fall, never enough money for that.