What do you age him at?

hobbes

WKR
Went to the area and the wind was all wrong. Blowing from the tops of the breaks down towards the river. If i could have come in from the bottom i would have been walking into the sun and not able to see anything before I fell on it. Wife and I went for a walk on a different area and found a big group of turkeys (30+ in the flock) and walked a new area that should be easy for her to take the kids hunting on when I'm working or unavailable. Kids want to kill a turkey tomorrow so we are all going to have a family walkabout with me looking to fill a couple of mule deer doe tags or a nice buck with my bow and the kids are going to be after turkeys and coyotes.

On a side note, the 3+ miles I walk is the most I've done off grade since I broke my leg in January. Broke my tib/fib and had to get some metal in me leg. Still nervous about crawling to get that last little bit in a stalk since right under my knee is where 2 of the titanium screws are that hole my titanium rod in place. Going to work hard to be back to my usual shape and be ready to chase elk hard for the whole season. Can I fill the 3 elk tags I can legally purchase in Montana? I shall try!

Jay

View attachment 601698
Dangit man!!! That had to hurt.

Good luck on the hunt.

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with above. My bet is 3.5. Give him another couple years to add mass and he’ll be a great buck

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
Baby faced, probably 3.5, but wouldn't be surprised if he was only 2.5

Last edited:
Tell me where he's hanging out, I can have a tooth pulled and let ya know how old he is. I would say younger buck but good eating buck.

OP
T

The Guide

WKR
Dont over do it. Had a buddy do similar, spiral breaks, and got a lot of iron installed though and he was well over a year before he was even close to 100%
I got a titanium rod installed from my knee to ankle with a couple screws at the ankle and knee. We spread my father-in-law's ashes in his favorite park to hunt elk this weekend. Did a 1400' vertical gain in ~1.5 miles while carring a pack and a rifle. Trekking poles are my friend off road. The last 4 days have been spent up and down ladders painting a house. The only thing that still scares me is slipping. I think I'll be wearing more boot chains this year.

Jay