What do you want from your woman?

OP
Greyinggrayling
When I traveled for work a few years ago, I really enjoyed Ketchikan.
I was able to experience the Milk Run several times on a combi plane (Google Alaska milk run if you haven’t heard of this before). Anchorage to Ketchikan took all day on the milk run.
Then time spent in Ketchikan on historic Creek Street was really fun. It was a legal red light district long time ago. Outside of each of the little historic buildings is a plaque that describes who the madam was who owned her building and ran her own brothel. They are quaint little shops, bars, and restaurants now, but with beautiful scenery and fun history.
I also enjoyed the chowder at the historic Gilmore Hotel and the ambiance.
Lots of interesting stuff in tiny Ketchikan and he has never been there. Nor has he experienced the Milk Run. It’s time he does before it goes away,

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
This has been a great thread full of good ideas.
Personally I HATE the guilt associated with getting a gift I don't want or won't use. It bothers me every time I see it or my wife of 19 years talks about it. I would much rather have nothing than something I don't want. We don't have kids and so usually we just buy whatever we want throughout the year.

For monetary gifts, what works best for us is running lists of things we want. That way we each have suggestions of gift items we actually want in various price ranges for different occasions. My wife usually does an awesome job of somehow throwing me off the scent so I am surprised when she gets me something I already asked her to get me. Do not buy me a gift card to a place unless it is on the list. I have so many gift cards from other people sitting in a box to places I don't shop. Frustrating to to have to pick out something I don't really want from Kuhl when I rally want something from Kuiu but my SIL thinks they are the same. The longer we have been together the bigger, the more infrequent the gifts have become because they are more on point. We would rather forfeit a few smaller gifts for those bigger items that either of us wouldn't buy for ourselves as others have said. Last year I got her a bracelet from a very exclusive designer she had always coveted buy would never buy and she got me NLPure 12x's. Much better than a bunch of forgettable tchotchkes!

For non-monetary gifts, we don't get to spend enough time together with our work schedules and when we are off together we all to often spend time with our friends. Now I like our friends but I really like the time I get to spend with my wife just the two of use on an "adventure". Might be just a day exploring new shops or restaurants around town or a guided fly fishing trip in Craig Montana when we visit her sister. Something just the 2 of us to share without all the distractions of others or our phones.

TaperPin

WKR
If your guy likes tequila, Mexican history, or knives a great gift is a genuine coa for harvesting agave. Bought one for my father in law and it’s just hanging on the wall on the deck, but it’s been a fun conversation piece. They’ve only been easy to buy outside of Mexico the past couple of years so not many people actually have one.

F9553322-3EB0-48F7-9D57-C591CDF45E22.jpeg

Attachments

• 3FFF43D5-C7EC-4D1D-AB01-1B893F6D56E0.png
    3FFF43D5-C7EC-4D1D-AB01-1B893F6D56E0.png
    467.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 02AF8F97-B43D-43E7-B806-CEC218C4AE6E.png
    02AF8F97-B43D-43E7-B806-CEC218C4AE6E.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 20
Less than a K.
Normal vibe is hunting stuff. Looking to diversify a little. We are in Alaska so travel out of state is not easy or quick.
I’d think a guided hunt that’s a style/game you very seldom do would be fun. I’m not sure what you hunt the most but something he’s either never considered or had the time for. If he always hunts moose maybe bow fishing or grouse out of trees or rabbits with a bow. Idk something silly you would never plan for on your/his own

Mojave

WKR
Homemade black raspberry pie for me…
You Sir, no how to party!

Cooked by an 80 year old Mormon grandmother (I had a neighbor once).

Or better yet, cooked by a classical French baker with that kind of technique and top end huckleberries straight off the vine.

Maybe also do one with Rhubarb and Gooseberries.

And the hookers, don't forget about that.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
When I traveled for work a few years ago, I really enjoyed Ketchikan.
I was able to experience the Milk Run several times on a combi plane (Google Alaska milk run if you haven’t heard of this before). Anchorage to Ketchikan took all day on the milk run.
Then time spent in Ketchikan on historic Creek Street was really fun. It was a legal red light district long time ago. Outside of each of the little historic buildings is a plaque that describes who the madam was who owned her building and ran her own brothel. They are quaint little shops, bars, and restaurants now, but with beautiful scenery and fun history.
I also enjoyed the chowder at the historic Gilmore Hotel and the ambiance.
Lots of interesting stuff in tiny Ketchikan and he has never been there. Nor has he experienced the Milk Run. It’s time he does before it goes away,
Nice.

The milk run is fun, even when you get kicked off the plain in Wrangle because an instrument is down and the pilot can fly the plane, but cannot legally carry passengers.

Agree, Creek Street is nice. George Inlet (if you have a car) is a great spot for food. Bawden Street Brewing Company is worth going to. They are only licensed as a tasting room, so no chairs. It is owned/operated by the husband of the OBGYN who delivered my oldest. If you like books, Parnassus Books is a fun little spot. If you have time, and want to stretch your legs, Deer Mountain is a nice little hike and you can get to the trail head just walking?

Mojave

WKR
The plan is:
  • Dinner that night at a fancy restaurant (Crow’s Nest). It’s the night before the Alaska Wild Sheep banquet, in which he is working, so nothing for the weekend.
  • A halibut charter on Memorial Day weekend (he loves halibut fishing)(he already knows about it since I had to make sure his schedule was clear)
  • A trip later this year that involves hookers (multiple hookers actually). I can provide details if the audience desires.

Sounds great! Hell of a wife!

OP
Greyinggrayling
Put another log on the fire.
Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
And go out to the car and change the tyre.
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe,
And then go fetch my slippers.
And boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire, babe,
And come and tell me why you're leaving me.

TheGDog

WKR
You know.. you could.. promise to give him a "proper send-off" to each and every one of his upcoming hunting trips in the new upcoming year. I hazard to guess it'd be a gift he'd not only enjoy but reflect back upon it fondly for the rest of his life. Just a thought. Just do all the things all we men foolishly thought you'd continue to do with the same level of zeal as you did before we married you, I gaurantee you... that'd make him feel like a lucky man.