What food and drinks local to your area?

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
No, not even close. 2 hours makes a big difference. I was actually proud to say I was from SE, Idaho. I avoid mentioning Utah.
I joke to my wife and her family about being from Northern Utah. She grew up in Plano, north of Rexburg.

tony

WKR
Ate a Paiste or however its spelling in north. Michigan, pretty good.

Ramps- take the smelliest, strongest onion you can imagine. Cooked right, damn good.
WV is home of the pepperoni roll
WV hotdog is chill, slaw, mustard and chopped fresh onion

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
scrapple is the most disgusting, what ever on the planet.
I agree with this!

Being from western New York you have to eat chicken wings on a Wednesday or Thursday night then get your beer battered fish fry on Friday night

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NB7

NB7

WKR
I agree with this!

Being from western New York you have to eat chicken wings on a Wednesday or Thursday night then get your beer battered fish fry on Friday night

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
scrapple is the most disgusting, what ever on the planet.
I'll grant you the premise sounds disgusting, but then again you guys haven't had scrapple from Sudlersville Meat Locker either!😋

Kansas City is obviously the BBQ capital of the world. But lots of other places cook it and everyone has their own spin so it's not exactly a novelty.

Rural Kansans enjoy making bierocks in the fall/winter. They're like meat filled dinner rolls. In Nebraska they have runzas which are basically the same thing but with completely irrelevant college football.

Boulevard Brewery pumps out the beer, although I am still bitter they discontinued their 80-Acre hoppy wheat beer. My brother in law is probably on a watch list for angry messages he sent their IG page over it.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
NW Wisconsin- big ones we're known for are the Friday night fish fry and cheese curds (squeeky, deep fried, hot or cold it's all good). when I come to AK every summer I end up bringing 30#'s of cheese curds and a few different varieties of local cheese for my buddy and all his friends.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
NW Wisconsin- big ones we're known for are the Friday night fish fry and cheese curds (squeeky, deep fried, hot or cold it's all good). when I come to AK every summer I end up bringing 30#'s of cheese curds and a few different varieties of local cheese for my buddy and all his friends.
On one of my trips back to Wi. for our annual hunt I pick up a few bags of cheese curds. They had just been dropped off at the cheese store. Nice squeaky cheese. The next day they were no longer squeaky. I decided to warm them up in the microwave, and low and behold the squeaky was back, and life was good. Half the pleasure of eating them is the squeak.