What is your go-to rifle? Share a picture!

0606ff214b8f7ea8109daaa3a1d7211d.jpg

6ea684406b952493703f8d9c411af34b.jpg

cf82246fea609c8f7f479f16656d0d22.jpg

6.5 SAUM +P DE spun on a Defiance anTi gets the most use. Of course my can got out of jail a week after this elk trip. 8.3Lbs suppressed.

For weight conscious trips I run a Fieldcraft in 6.5 CM.

Also shortening up a Kimber MT 280 AI to 21” to match the Fieldcraft size and will +P if DE does work on Kimbers.

Lot of great setups on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only rigs we have now. 8 1/4 lb, 6.5 Grendel, 14 head of big game on 5 seasons plus bonus wolf. Moose, sheep, both deer, black bears, one adult and two kiddos, 10-420 yards, average shot distance ~185 and average recovery distance ~11 yards. All factory off the shelf. Ruger American Ranch, MDT LSS-XL Gen2 chassis, Magpul furniture, Talley 1" low rings, Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 Green, Strike Industries buffer tube, Hornady Black 123gr ELD-M.

3 feet of 'do all' with no fat.

Got rid of plenty of high dollar nicer bigger cartridge stuff and having a blast, this the only centerfire rifle left in my safe. Two brand new ones beside mine identical for when the kids a bit older and can learn to zero, clean, maintain etc. as they approach adult handover and solo gun handling time, until then we just share mine as I have to be over their shoulder anyway.

Oh and love that ruger m77 on page 1, soft spot for those.
IMG_1912.PNGIMG_1913.jpg

Last edited:
T37RM.jpg

Left Handed Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag, Weaver 3.5x10 and Sig SRD-762 on the end along with this year's monster whitetail for scale.
It's stupid long and ridiculously over-powered for the long 35 yard shot on mr whitetail and the 75 yard shot on my bull, but it's beautiful, crazy accurate and I scored it for $420 when the T3x made the T3 uncool, and I always wanted a 7 mag...

My squirrel gun (didn't see that rimfire were prohibited):

Oh, and target. Not an on-demand level of accuracy, but it's a pretty sweet shooter with match ammo.

Attachments

• Bergara BMR 12-13-22.jpg
    Bergara BMR 12-13-22.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Bergara-BMR-100-yd-01-29-22.jpg
    Bergara-BMR-100-yd-01-29-22.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 45
I don't have any pictures of it afaik, but it is a Model 70 McMillan stock in 300 WBY with Leupold 3.5-10. Interesting that some of you take so many pictures of your guns ... not judging.

Kimber Adirondack/Double Broomed Mountain Rifle

18” Lilja Barrel chambered in 338 Federal.
TriggerTech primary. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32

For everything outside of sheep, this is my go to rifle. It shoots Trophy Copper 200’s at 2530.
It’s currently being cut to 16” and threaded for a Rugged Alaskan 360 Suppressor.

97e3c7b29aadad3eac6d0ec705a38f21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunt a lot of different rifles but the "go-to" is a Fieldcraft with 22" sporter barrel wearing a S&B PMII 6x42. First pic shows it with rail/rings, second pic is the current setup with some custom stainless steel rings (cerakoted) made a touch lower than TLW's. Simple, solid, rugged, light weight setup. I haven't found anything I prefer yet.

88747.jpg

175111.jpg

My go-to is a Kleinguenther K15 in 7mm Rem Mag that was given to me by my Dad. My Grandpa bought it new as a "backup" because he liked these rifles, so it got passed down to me when I got into hunting around 2016. It now wears a gen 1 Vortex Razor LH 3-15x40 which I like, but it gets a bit darker at high power than the previous Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50. Probably due to exit pupil and not glass quality, as it is really nice from 3-10x. Kicks hard but shoots straight, pencil barrel heats up quick, but carries well. Not enough meat for threading unfortunately.
Usv0iJ0.jpg

gfBUsjf.jpg

I hunt a lot of different rifles but the "go-to" is a Fieldcraft with 22" sporter barrel wearing a S&B PMII 6x42. First pic shows it with rail/rings, second pic is the current setup with some custom stainless steel rings (cerakoted) made a touch lower than TLW's. Simple, solid, rugged, light weight setup. I haven't found anything I prefer yet.

88747.jpg

175111.jpg
Nice rig and deer! I'm still kicking myself for passing on those Schmidt 6x when they were available. ☹️

Nice rig and deer! I'm still kicking myself for passing on those Schmidt 6x when they were available. ☹️

Thanks!

It's fairly light, simple, rugged, and reliable, with good glass and a good all around reticle. If constantly shooting at longer ranges more x's are nice but for the occasional 500 yard shot, with most shots shorter than that, I like it. S&B will still make the scope on a special order. It doesn't happen quick and the cost was ~the same as the original run Cameraland did. If you're in the states it has to be ordered through EuroOptic. I'm not sure who the S&B importer(s) in Canada might be.

Back