What release are you hunting with 2023

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
It was in stock at Lancaster archery when I ordered it. I see it’s now out of stock. My order still says unfulfilled, maybe I didn’t get the last one lol
If you do get it, let me know what you think of it, please. Good luck!

ncavi8tor

WKR
I have 3 Carter Like Mike's and needless to say that's all I've been using for many years.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
I use a Stan Prefex thumb release with a very large aftermarket brass thumbpiece. I like it but for some reason I'm not great with it. I do very well with index releases and I'm strongly considering the Stan Solex. Matter of fact, I think I will order one now. I like having the release ready at all times and on my wrist and I'm more comfortable shooting an index. Gotta throw what you know.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Stan Prefex thumb release with a very large aftermarket brass thumbpiece. I like it but for some reason I'm not great with it. I do very well with index releases and I'm strongly considering the Stan Solex. Matter of fact, I think I will order one now. I like having the release ready at all times and on my wrist and I'm more comfortable shooting an index. Gotta throw what you know.
I have no doubt in my mind that you will like it. I have one. In fact,I just came in from a practice session and between my Carter Wise Choice , Stan OneX, and the SoleX, my groups were tighter with the SoleX. I am just new into handheld thumb releases but I have only been shooting a Scott Little Goose my entire life from when they first came out. I bought the SoleX a couple months ago. I have the tension adjusted heavy enough that I have good pull through shots. Frankly, I don't even know why I am considering a Like Mike II or Scott S2 release. The SoleX is just that good to me.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
I hear ya, people often talk about target panic saying “I beat it” for me it’s more some days I have it some days I don’t haha
20 yards have to aim at different dots to stop slapping arrows. At 40, I felt like I hard parkinsons. I built new arrows all excited to redo my sight tape and now im in the basement practicing aiming at a piece of paper to feel comfortable holding on target again.

I heard a quote one time - that archery is the only sport that gets harder as you get better
(or something similar) just such a mental game.

OP
W
If I could answer any one question on rokslide it would be bow release triggers. Every answer is of course subjective but I feel like I've done enough research to tell you that truball releases are as good as you can get. Some people will tell you that Scott archery or Stan or UV is better and you'll find some negative reviews of each but it's harder to find a negative review on truball releases in my opinion.

If you can shoot a uv button by all means do so it's the best release out there. But if you do enough research you'll find the majority of people, including youtubers, will tell you that the neck is too long and their anchor point changed. I personally shot one and couldn't find a good anchor point so I sold it. Tried a truball trident pro flex and loved it. Went back to a uv button to test the difference again and liked it even more, but again I couldn't anchor properly even after shortening my draw length. Went back to the trident pro flex and stuck with it. I changed the knob to a uv button knob and it is now perfect for me.

Asking which release is better will never provide the answer you're looking for though. Try a bunch and you'll find something that works for you.
I'm the same way, can't stand long neck releases or I'd probably have the ultra view. The same reason is why I don't like my tru fire sear hinge. I don't like my anchor with a hinge as much as a thumb anyways, it feels weird to me to try to anchor when holding more tension on my pointer finger with the hinge. I'm using a carter target 3 thumb button right now, but considering going back to index again as I feel like an open hook style index is unbeatable for hunting situations... Never should have sold my like mike II

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
Spot Hogg Wiseguy with the leather strap. I have shot it well for years. I have a second identical one that rides in my pack as a back up.

KHNC

WKR
Trueball Copperhead. Started using them 20 years ago, changed to Scott for a while , then back to the Copperhead. Did have to buy a new version this year as my old one finally died. Best hunting release i have used.

chasewild

WKR
Nock-2-it for me, I've been using a wise choice but have ulnar nerve issues and my pinky and ring finger fall asleep a lot when shooting a bunch, since switching to the two fingers I've had zero issues. I'll probably end up selling all of my 3 finger stuff soon.
Did you ever try the Stan two finger?

nphunter

WKR
Did you ever try the Stan two finger?
Not a two-finger but, I'm not a fan of the weird adjustable thumbs or the hook on the stans, I prefer shoving the Carter straight on the loop and clicking it closed. I have a chocolate addition that has a similar thumb trigger to the stans and don't like it either. I like the simplicity of the single arm and barrel. I have had about 15 thumb / hinges over the years and the nock-on stuff and wise choice style is my favorite. I defiantly prefer the two-finger model over the three, I thought it might be harder to draw the bow with two fingers but that hasn't been the case.

chasewild

WKR
Not a two-finger but, I'm not a fan of the weird adjustable thumbs or the hook on the stans, I prefer shoving the Carter straight on the loop and clicking it closed. I have a chocolate addition that has a similar thumb trigger to the stans and don't like it either. I like the simplicity of the single arm and barrel. I have had about 15 thumb / hinges over the years and the nock-on stuff and wise choice style is my favorite. I defiantly prefer the two-finger model over the three, I thought it might be harder to draw the bow with two fingers but that hasn't been the case.
I hated the Silverback. Haven't tried the Nock 2 it. But I do want a two finger button.

Stan onnex for me. Started with it through winter at leagues and been hitting local 3d's with it this summer. Absolutely love it, my first thumb button. Can and mostly get a nice surprise break (still practicing) but also at 15 years from a tree I like the ability to punch it if need be real quick

db.cannon

FNG
Classified Approved
B3 ghost target, b3 hawk hunt. Experimented with others but these two have been a great pair for me the last 3 years.

Last edited:

Cbled

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a compound after a few years away. Silverback/nock 2 it combo for me. I shoot 95% of my shots with the silverback in practice and then will hunt with the nock 2 it. I agree with what others have said, it’s your execution that matters, the release itself is secondary.