What release are you hunting with 2023

OP
W
Going to try the thumb release this year. I have used a Carter Like Mike for years, but picked up a UV button and have been shooting better with it, so going to give it a go this year.
I sold a like mike 2 a couple months ago and wish I wouldn’t have. I think I’m more accurate with my thumb but feel like an index is kind of unbeatable for a lot of hunting situations.

Tilzbow

WKR
Carter Like Mike year ‘round for me. I‘ve got it set to 5# with zero creep and trigger it via a surprise release using with a static index finger on the trigger while using back tension to get the surprise release. When I miss the spot it’s a front end form issue or concentration issue, rather than a release issue.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I sold a like mike 2 a couple months ago and wish I wouldn’t have. I think I’m more accurate with my thumb but feel like an index is kind of unbeatable for a lot of hunting situations.
I've been wanting a Like Mike II but didn't know how good it was. Also considering the Scott S2 but same thing, don't know how good it is either. I heard you can get high trigger tension on the Carter but Scott seems to be keeping their tension range a secret.
I might be using my thumb release for hunting this year.

Maz7869

FNG
I’m using a Carter Like Mike 2 this season. I used a nock 2 it last year but prefer the index for spot and stalk. I go back and forth most years depending on whether or not I’m sitting in a treestand. My groups are consistent with both releases.

Carter wise choice year round, going on 5 years. Most times try to pre load and pull through it, though like the idea of being able to punch if need be in tight timber.

Have been thinking about practicing with a true tension release or hinge for years, but never got around to it, and the thumb works well enough for now as long as I intentionally pull through it and dont get punchy while practicing.

OP
W
I've been wanting a Like Mike II but didn't know how good it was. Also considering the Scott S2 but same thing, don't know how good it is either. I heard you can get high trigger tension on the Carter but Scott seems to be keeping their tension range a secret.
I might be using my thumb release for hunting this year.
The like mike 2 is the only high end index I’ve had, but I would definitely recommend it.

chasewild

WKR
I am using the Carter Squeeze Me. It's a discontinued release similar to dudley's backstrap but better. I tried the Silverback, and just could not get consistent release.

The like mike II would be my choice but I can't deal with the tiny trigger.

rideold

WKR
I've been using a TruFire Synapse without the extension for two years now. I use a wrist release as my backup and my POI is close enough to be OK. Groupings are larger with the wrist though. I'd like to move to the Synapse as my backup and a OnneX or a Carter as my primary..... Starting to get a bit late in the summer to get a new release. September is only two months away!

CB4

WKR
Nock 2 It. I have tried a few others but nothing is as comfortable. Been shooting it for 4 years now. Will prrobably try a wise choise at some point to see if I like the three finger version or not.