What workout program to do before a hunt specific workout

All good training ideas, but if you want to get in better shape diet is key. You can workout all you want but if don't get your diet right it won't do much. If you can loose 5-10% body fat that will go a long ways in your fitness goals. What you put into your body will help you recover quicker and burn fat and build muscle more efficiently.

This is INCREDIBLY important, actually. The Donald Trump Big Macs and the chic lattes, and the alcohol - which is the worst offender - has to go.

Depending on where you live and what you have at your access you can do a lot of various things. I'm not a huge fan of all these fitness programs but they all have benefits. As long as your doing the other stuff. Good diet and recovery.

Some class based stuff at your local gym will help, lifting with more emphasis on back and legs. Orange Theory is a great gym for interval/endurance training which helps a lot of people that struggle on their own...and they are all over the country. It's brutal...don't knock it till you try it

As others said rucking is always good. If you can get in hikes even if they arent Mtns it's a start.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Just load up your pack and walk. No replacement for toughening up skin where your pack wears and you’ll be exercising the muscles you’ll actually use while backpack hunting.

I lift year round for strength and long term mobility for for backpacking and backpack hunting, just go hike with a 40 lb pack on.

Tingrao

FNG
I have used the MTNTOUGH preseason and in-season backcountry programs for the last 2 years in my lead up to hunting CO @ over 10K ft while living year round near sea level. I have to say the programs work if you stick to them and need something with a daily mixup yet want to feel a little personalize too…they switched to a subscription basis recently that I’m not a huge fan of but at least I still have access to the old programs.
As others have said, getting consistent work in that puts weight on your back and miles on your feet in boots is also necessary regardless of what strength or cardio programs you may try. In my case, lots of stretching to include hip mobility is also a must since I always seem to be finding paths through deadfall.

1Arrow

FNG
My main hunting is here in the midwest. It can be flat but have to walk for some time around corn fields with a pack, all the way up to steep and deep along the river with a pack. I have tried a variety of programs and my favorite so far is the GrindStonne program from Power Athlete. 2 mandatory days in the gym with 3 optional days to backfill the week if you have time. I'm pretty good at making 4 days in the gym. Tighten up the nutrition and I felt the best last fall during my hunts. The buck in my pic is from last fall going in deep. Pretty good morning of bowhunting!