What do you take to eat for a day hunt?

Wolfshead

FNG
I like to go out to a large area of public land and spend the day.
Im out at least a 1/2 to a mile away from the nearest road, and I’ll pack something to eat for the day.
Monday it was a PBJ and some cheese. I’m looking for something convenient to take that doesn’t take up a lot of room.
What are some of the things that everyone is bringing out to the woods To eat/snack on?

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Sometimes a greenbelly bar, or an assortment of beef jerky, peanut butter filled pretzels, granola bars, honey stingers, maybe some cashews.

Hans

FNG
I usually bring jerky, nuts, an apple, sometimes a cliff bar, that’s it bars ( dehydrated fruit). Some of the chicken salad and tuna salad pouches are pretty good.

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Nuts and fit crunch bars with a hot cup of coffee has been doing it for me lately. I pack a small alcohol stove kit from toaks that's very light and quiet.
The dried mango from Costco is great too.

EdP

WKR
Apple, cheese, cashews or peanuts, dried dates, granola bar (Nature Valley Honey and Oats, not the candy bars), Bakers sweet chocolate, breakfast bar, dried fruit (raisins or cranberry raisins or bananna). Not all of them every time but almost always the apple/cheese/nuts for the combo of carbs, protein and fat.

Really enjoyed the Chocolate Mint Fit Crunch Bar from Costco on my last lope hunt. Trail Mix, Pure Protein Bars, Pep sticks and cheese are some of my usual items.

taskswap

WKR
I take one greenbelly bar for lunch, an F-bomb for a morning protein boost and a packaroon for an afternoon carb hit. I'll usually bring 2-3 honey stingers in my side pouch for a quick reward if I'm taking a rest or glassing a valley.

That's for a day trip and packs neatly into a quart size ziploc that becomes my trash bag later (and has other uses in emergencies). If I'm doing an overnight, breakfast adds a couple of granola bars and dinner is usually a Peak Refuel, and I use a gallon-size ziploc instead. Since the ziplocs don't really get exposed to anything raw/opened, my day-trip ones are reusable. My overnights tend not to be because I also use them to pack out butt wipes and other bio trash.

I'm a creature of habit, I like variety IN my mix, but I don't need variety day-to-day, so preseason I usually buy the above items in 6-packs or whatever they're offered in and make up multiple bags of the same thing. Then I can just grab one and throw it in my pack and I'm good to go.

Dan-o

FNG
2 Turkey and cheese sammiches, a couple bags of chips, a few cliff bars or granola bars, and some gummy bears or worms.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I usually always take a couple of small tortillas and add summer sausage, tuna packets, or chicken packets with some cheese. Then the usual mixed nuts, granola bars, and whatever Halloween candy I can steal from my daughter. I also like the small apple sauce and yogurt pouches. I’ll occasionally pack some beef jerky and ramen noodles if it’s going to be a cold day. And I always take coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Day hunts can be fun to pack food for. Some staples I like to bring:

Cold fried chicken
Pizza (wrapped in pairs in foil)
Cold cheeseburgers

i am a fan of the starkist tuna pouches, beef sticks, paydays (the do not melt when its hot). I like taking a wrap over sandwich as they are less prone to getting smashed.

Pretty much this.

Allthough I tend to just bring a lot of dinner leftovers too. Be it a bag of bacon, meatballs, or even a bunch of left over fajita goodness.

If it's cold and nasty out. I'll sometimes toss in a cup-o-noodle or top ramen pack.

Sadler

WKR
Pro bars, perfect peanut butter bars, snickers, trail mix and honey stingers and heathers choice packaroons