whats the best backcountry meat saw

I usually skull cap my bulls unless they happen to be over 300. This year I used a outdoor edge grizz saw and it took forever. Ive used a gerber exchange a blade in the past also. I am not interested in anything heavy but I was wondering if there is anything better for skull capping?

Hawkeye

FNG
I usually skull cap my bulls unless they happen to be over 300. This year I used a outdoor edge grizz saw and it took forever. Ive used a gerber exchange a blade in the past also. I am not interested in anything heavy but I was wondering if there is anything better for skull capping?

Vintage Rocky MT Dubois Pac Saw Wyo- Looks lightweight and effective. Might be a little rough on the hands when cutting but it looks like a good option.

jwb300

WKR
Have you tried a wire saw? they are extremely light weight and cut through bone easily. Just take a spare in case of breakage. I've cut down a few hardwoods tree's with one about 8-10 inches in diameter with them no problem.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have found absolutely nothing better than a WY Saw for skull-capping. Ya, it's a weight penalty, but if that's what you're going to do then it's worth the weight penalty. I've used some of those others as well and they're all crap for that job. Takes just a couple minutes with the WY Saw.

TEmbry

WKR
I have a Wyoming Saw that is the best I've found yet. That said, I don't even pack it anymore except for truck camping or fly in hunts cause I prefer euro skulls now anyway.

I like the wyoming saw as well. I leave it in the truck and pick it up after I bring the first load of meat back.