Which rifle to Suppress?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
$ or time. And some folks, like me, don’t care about aesthetic anyway. Given there’s no functional improvement, it’s just not worth it to me.

But it does look 100% better.
Id argue that it is functionally better, I've lost one of those adapters before, if Id been on a hunt, I'd have been hosed. I've also played with enough of them to know that they aren't all built to the same quality standard. Plus it just dosent make sense to me to add another link to a chain when I can just simplify it all.

When I got mine done, it was 150 to chop and thread, another 50 bucks to set it up for 5/8x24. The 50 bucks was a good use of money.

Oh I'm not offended, I just don't know why folks wouldn't do it the best way possible
The original thing he was replying to was advocating for direct thread. To call that the best way possible is odd if we're referring to the same thing?
Or bolt some massive device to your barrel so you can attach the silencer. Neither of those sound as good as just being able to attach the silencer with no devices and no adapters.
Again is this about thread adapters or mounting systems like a TBAC CB brake, Area419 Hellfire, etc?