Who is doing the head to head for us? Sig Kilo8K-ABS vs Gunwerks BR4

Alright……..someone needs to get on this Sig Kilo8K-ABS vs Gunwerks BR4 showdown and report back. I don’t need another range finder but……I like buying stuff so.

Husky10

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone?? I’m looking for info on the same thing. Trying to decide between these two.

Firestone

WKR
For what it's worth I got a kilo5k and I am pretty impressed. The drop has been spot on with all three guns I have tried. Have gotten ranges passed 3000 on rocks

elk_pimp

Lil-Rokslider
Revic doesn't display AMR range and ballistic correction. Revic will only show LOS and ballistic correction. If you want AMR range in Revic it won't provide ballistic correction. I'm returning Revic BR4 and getting the Kilo 8K.

I don't post on here much, but don't want someone else to go through this heart burn.

OP
Theringworm
Revic doesn't display AMR range and ballistic correction. Revic will only show LOS and ballistic correction. If you want AMR range in Revic it won't provide ballistic correction. I'm returning Revic BR4 and getting the Kilo 8K.

I don't post on here much, but don't want someone else to go through this heart burn.
Uhh……seriously?
I guess my question would be is though they don’t show AMR range and Ballistic Correction, surely the Ballistic Correction is calculated off of the AMR range even though it’s only reporting LOS range, no?

elk_pimp

Lil-Rokslider
Uhh……seriously?
I guess my question would be is though they don’t show AMR range and Ballistic Correction, surely the Ballistic Correction is calculated off of the AMR range even though it’s only reporting LOS range, no?
That’s very true it does factor trig for you into the correction. However, I don’t like solely relying on a device for dope. Double verification is sometimes nice for peace of mind with physical dope.

the sig shows both AMR and LOS in the same screen. I prefer this and as much as these devices cost I want both!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Uhh……seriously?
That’s how my ZEISS RF work. They give LOS but calculate for AMR when they spit out your mil/moa

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider

Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. AMR is a good way to miss. If it’s running a true slope calculation which it is based on the all the factors you’ll have a lot better solution. AMR is just a poor approximation on the ballistics at angle shots

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I think you’re missing my point AMR is not a true solution it’s only an approximation that is valid under about 500 yards and 20 degrees. The actual calculation that the revic does is a way more accurate solution. I don’t personally know if the revic is good or bad. I’m just trying to change the narrative that AMR is an accurate solution. The backcountry hunting podcast just had Aaron Davidson talking about what happens at angled shots. It’s an interesting listen.

Flyjunky

WKR
I think you’re missing my point AMR is not a true solution it’s only an approximation that is valid under about 500 yards and 20 degrees. The actual calculation that the revic does is a way more accurate solution. I don’t personally know if the revic is good or bad. I’m just trying to change the narrative that AMR is an accurate solution. The backcountry hunting podcast just had Aaron Davidson talking about what happens at angled shots. It’s an interesting listen.
Exactly. AMR is good for ranges under 500 yards and I believe even Sig states in their manual that it's only accurate up to 400 yards.

Flyjunky

WKR
There is a guy on another forum who is going to do a comparison tomorrow between the 8k and BR4. I'll let you know what he finds out.

buzzy

WKR
There is a guy on another forum who is going to do a comparison tomorrow between the 8k and BR4. I'll let you know what he finds out.
Awesome. Especially since Euro optics already have the Kilo8k on sale for 1200! But they are back ordered.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
Can you PM a link to the comparison? I thought I was getting the br4 and selling my older sig but now I don't know.

danimalrx

FNG
Just bought the br4 for black friday. Looks like a true keeper. I was told to go sig, but price point and history of gunwerks made me go with them. More to come

Flyjunky

WKR
Or just post it in here… I’d like to see it as well. I’m in the same boat. Thanks
The guy who was going to do the side by side between the two hasn't done it yet. I'll post results here when I see them.

The comparison isn't a "professional" review. One guy has the BR4 and the other the Sig 8k and when they go out they are going to compare them.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
Thought I would bump this up top. I just got word that my Sig 8k will be here Friday. Euro Optic sure had a good deal on these. I found this very informational.