• No reason

Votes: 50 22.4%
  • Scared of blood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S-3 ranch

WKR
i see lots of people wearing rubber gloves in pictures of animals being cleaned what’s up with that !
CWD ?
no water ?
I personally don’t carry any latex gloves and never have anywhere

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
i wear rubber gloves i throw in 5-6 pairs and pack them out when i am done.

nobody

WKR
Easier cleanup, especially if you accidentally pierce something. Also makes for easier cleanup when you're done, quicker to eat snacks when you're done!

Taudisio

WKR
I have used them when I was a kid per dads instruction. I don’t use them anymore, however the last buck I shot in Montana (2020) appeared sick (very underweight, and a 4x4 still in velvet in November) and I used gloves on him. Tested negative for cwd. I suspect he had the other bug that was from the bugs in the water. I did not eat the meat. With that exemption, I do not use gloves on big game I plan to eat. A photo of the buck attached and a photo of how I butcher at home.

Attachments

• AF1E03EB-AE6A-45F9-88E5-17D913C8DBE0.jpeg
    AF1E03EB-AE6A-45F9-88E5-17D913C8DBE0.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 8FB60E7F-C99D-4E0A-B411-CDCC301C86E0.jpeg
    8FB60E7F-C99D-4E0A-B411-CDCC301C86E0.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 229

CorbLand

WKR
I put a couple pairs in the bag. They don’t weigh anything and they are nice to have for many different things. I primarily wear them for easy clean up at the end. Take them off and your good to go.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
For big game I wear Kevlar gloves with and nitrile over them. I like to avoid any possible cuts, nitrile keeps the Kevlar glove clean, they can be a pain to clean. I do the same when cleaning larger fish like tuna. For small game, I wear just nitrile. Makes for easier cleanup.

Dsnow9

FNG
I have used them when I was a kid per dads instruction. I don’t use them anymore, however the last buck I shot in Montana (2020) appeared sick (very underweight, and a 4x4 still in velvet in November) and I used gloves on him. Tested negative for cwd. I suspect he had the other bug that was from the bugs in the water. I did not eat the meat. With that exemption, I do not use gloves on big game I plan to eat. A photo of the buck attached and a photo of how I butcher at home.
Why didn’t you eat it? Did it have balls?

I generally wear them, not so much that I'm scared of contracting something but it sure makes clean up a helluva lot faster. I definitely wear them when I'm butchering and making sausage and hamburger

Taudisio

WKR
Why didn’t you eat it? Did it have balls?
The meat felt slimey (like a trout that’s been dead for a minute-hard to explain) and I am terrified of CWD. It took them almost 3 weeks to give me the results. I honestly can’t remember looking for/at his balls. The ladies at the check station said it was the 3rd one they tested that week still in velvet. His body was almost half the size of the forky he was with and he walked like he was in pain. I mix all my meat and I won’t risk my families health. I felt sick for getting rid of it but I felt like I did him a favor in the field.

Lowg08

WKR
I wear them because I have a thing with my hands. I can’t stand for my hands to be dirty. Yes I’m weird. I wear gloves fishing, working or anything that can get gunk on them. I can be covered in mud from head to toe just not my hands

Without a doubt, a few pairs. Hardly around water
And don’t want to use water to clean up

And wouldn’t want bloody hands in my hand when sleeping around grizz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I prefer to, mostly to keep the fat from under my finger nails! could care less about the blood.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
You are going to eat some rare tendies at camp anyway?

Check out MaxiFlex cut gloves. They are very thin cut gloves with thin latex dipped fingers and palms.