Who would use these Ozonics products for big game? Poll

Would you use Ozonics products for Western Big Game?

• Yes

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 95 96.9%

• Total voters

woods89

WKR
So when I scanned the original post I missed the msrp. I just got my new Bass Pro catalog, was leafing through it, and was amused to find that the hr-300 and kinetic backpack together run $730. That's almost more than my shelter, sleeping bag, boots, and pack cost all together.

In all fairness I'm not a western hunter. I'm a guy who likes to hunt whitetails and turkeys on public land here in MO and I will be doing my first western trip in northern Colorado towards the end of September.

I don't preset any stands for whitetails. I hunt out of a tree saddle and pick my tree as I approach my area. And I am not a ice in the veins whitetail killer. I've killed some decent bucks here on public land, but I've also messed up a lot of opportunities. Most of my stand trees are picked because the wind and thermals are almost wrong for me, which means that deer are comfortable moving there. There is a fair bit of strategy involved in picking that tree in the half light in the morning.

And that's what makes it so much fun! Nothing will switch you on like contemplating prevailing winds, thermals, terrain, and shooting lanes!

At what point do we just play video games instead?