Who’s Boun It In 2022?

We’re scheduled to hunt out of Kotz with GE September 3-10th, been slowly and methodically acquiring some new gear for the trip, can’t wait

Hudge

FNG
My oldest will be back from his deployment and he and I are planning on hunting caribou in August. Going to drive the new RV up and camp in luxury. Of course we will be on the Steese with thousands of others.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
We're doing a float hunt on the North slope with Brooks Range Aviation. Never hunted Caribou before, but I'm just as excited to see a lot of country and archeological history. The northern lights would also be a plus!

My wife and I have a trip booked with Ram air next year in September. We are really excited. Gonna check a lot of boxes for us. Get a chance to see some of Alaska, fish, hunt, and just be us two alike on the tundra. We can’t wait. Starting January I’ll start preparing logistics and finalizing gear. We are taking our own but we should do fine with the stuff we use in Colorado. I upgraded to a black label Helliberg tent. Still need a few other items and a few pieces of clothing (mainly for her). Hopefully we have a trip of a lifetime and I can get her on a bull worth mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey you stay down in TX mr. dapperdan haha. Good luck to the both of you! Y’all planning on just hunting or doing a few tourist/vacation things as well? I’ll be hunting caribou next fall as well. Hoping to get one myself as well as my fiancée or by that time she’ll be the wife.

Headed up in 2022 with Brooks Range Aviation! Man I can’t wait. The logistics of planning this trip has been really fun and I’ve only scratched the surface it seems.

I don’t know about Boun it in 2022. Not sure what that’s supposed to mean. However, I am looking forward to hunting caribou next August.

Hey you stay down in TX mr. dapperdan haha. Good luck to the both of you! Y’all planning on just hunting or doing a few tourist/vacation things as well? I’ll be hunting caribou next fall as well. Hoping to get one myself as well as my fiancée or by that time she’ll be the wife.

Haven’t planned much more than the hunt. I know she wants to fish if we can work it in. She’s love to catch some salmon for sure. Silvers and maybe kings should be running by then from what I’ve heard. Just depends on how long she can get off work as to what we do. I’m certain we will get hooked and be returning. Lol

Headed up in 2022 with Brooks Range Aviation! Man I can’t wait. The logistics of planning this trip has been really fun and I’ve only scratched the surface it seems.

Yeah…. I need to get moving on planning myself. I’m almost 100% on gear. Just need to secure a sat phone rental, need a gps or at least onX for the region downloaded to my phone, and then start working on everything else. It’s kinda overwhelming at this point. This will be the first trip we’ve taken where we’ve had to fly all our gear and weapons.

Yeah…. I need to get moving on planning myself. I’m almost 100% on gear. Just need to secure a sat phone rental, need a gps or at least onX for the region downloaded to my phone, and then start working on everything else. It’s kinda overwhelming at this point. This will be the first trip we’ve taken where we’ve had to fly all our gear and weapons.

Yeah I’m in the same boat.. I feel good about our gear, now it’s all the other stuff that I need to figure out. Fuel for stove, sat phone rental, meat hauling back to home, etc. the list seems endless right now ha.

Yeah I’m in the same boat.. I feel good about our gear, now it’s all the other stuff that I need to figure out. Fuel for stove, sat phone rental, meat hauling back to home, etc. the list seems endless right now ha.

Endless for sure! I know a guy that went in august so I prolly should contact him for starters. Going to be an all out push starting in January. I heard that if you apply for an Alaska airlines credit card you can get a companion airline ticket for $99. So imma take advantage of that

Endless for sure! I know a guy that went in august so I prolly should contact him for starters. Going to be an all out push starting in January. I heard that if you apply for an Alaska airlines credit card you can get a companion airline ticket for $99. So imma take advantage of that

Cool thanks for sharing that. I’ll look in to it as well!

I believe it was about $150 this summer. If I recall, my Denver to Anchorage ticket was about $800.