Why am I always tired?

This is a time of year when allergies hit me hard.

It didn't use to be an issue, but damn if it ain't now.
It seems to flair everything up, joints are acting up, wake up like I didn't sleep, I feel dumber than my usual tard self.

Could be part of it.
I've definitely got allergy issues.

All this talk about "night time activities" has got me thinking..... there definitely is a "wrong time" to poop. I stand corrected.

I was going through the same thing at 30. Had my testosterone checked and was severely low. Fixed that with injections and have been great ever since. Only down side is the injection I have to give myself regularly. It does cost money, but it’s worth every penny.
I'm afraid testosterone injections would turn me into some kind of animal. Are there side effects?

A lot of reasons why someone is tired and lacks energy. I suggest seeing you pcp and getting some blood work done. Most likely nothing but if you feel off that’s a good enough reason to get checked. Everyone is different and ages different. However feeling tired could be anything from low t levels to cardiac issues and everything in between. A good doctor mixed with some simple tests can connect those dots for you to figure out if something is ailing you.

One quick point I’d make to anyone in here (doesn’t quite apply to you) but if you feel off or funny it’s a medical emergency until proven otherwise. Ask any er nurse or doctor in here. If they had a dime for everyone who came into the er feeling “off” and the next thing you know they are running a code nurses and doctors wouldn’t need to work.

Last edited:
Had a similar feeling at 36: no kids but exhausted all the time. Working out made it worse…. Went to 3 family doctors to figure it out, all checked blood work but just a basic panel, no results. I highly recommend a men’s clinic or go straight to Lab Corp. You can order your own full work up on the Lab Corp site ($200 cash - no insurance) and see where your stats fall. The TRT shots changed my life, feel 25 again.

A coworker was dragging ass - found out he had cancer - doctor said he was impressed he was still working with his blood numbers as bad as they were.

Another friend was dragging ass because he was chronically dehydrated - you’d probably have kidney stones often if that was the case.

Another friend found out he has a heart defect.

Another guy at work had a gal bladder issue - once it finally went and he had to go to the ER, he said he felt 10 years younger.

A family friend has thyroid issues - drags ass.

Arthritis makes people tired.

Worked with a few long Covid guys - they are more tired than they were.

Sleep apnea has made 3 or 4 friends tired.

I'm afraid testosterone injections would turn me into some kind of animal. Are there side effects?

Besides being awesome, no.

Yes like anything there can be side effects. But if you find the right doctor, they work through all the options with you. All I know is what worked for me and that was injections. I’ve heard bad things about the creams and other application methods. If you commit to it and are consistent with getting blood work for a few months, you’ll find the right dose.

I just got to a point where I lost pretty much all the energy I had in my early 20’s and it was disguised/worsened by the daunting task of raising children. It basically gave me all that energy back. If your problem is testosterone it’s easy to find out and easy to treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low testosterone, thyroid issues, and/or sleep apena are my guess without knowing you. All three are very common, can change mid-life, and can drastically decrease your energy levels.

Some (not all) doctors are very hesitant to prescribe Testosterone for some reason. Levels have to be basically that of a dead man walking for them to do anything. If you run into that issue, give Defy Medical a call. Your situation is the primary reason that teleclinic exists.

Medical or lifestyle. Obviously see a doctor for the medical. Figuring out the lifestyle side is more trial and error. Sleep and food are biggies. Also if you are a serious Crossfitter it smokes the body. Way more rest is needed to properly recover. If you wake up feeling well rested but your body is tight that‘s a clue your body has not recovered. Change your CrossFit routine to every other day and see how you feel.

Take a 6 month Break on the Cross fit. at 6ft 175 lbs you are too damn light anyway. Give your body a rest. Take it from an old-timer, it's not the years it's the miles. You got your priorities messed up. Every single cross fit guy I know gets himself injured and gets the work out or die attitude. Like bull riders. No matter how hurt you are you got to keep going. At 17, I was on crutches going into the rodeo and crutches on the way out with my buddies carrying my rigging bag in. Absolute stupidity. I didn't show anybody how tough I was, just how stupid I was. Being a Farrier is tough work. Give yourself six months of no cross fit. See how that changes your life. Sounds to me you just stay run down for to long and it has caught up with you. You are not 18 anymore.

I haven't read through everything but do echo about seeing the doc and getting blood panels done to rule anything medical out. I am 54 and do have apnea (on CPAP) and had long Covid. Last summer I was going through a period where I was putting on weight and would tire out after 5 minutes of mowing the lawn. Finally had blood work done which revealed severe anemia. This led to being scoped from both ends to discover two GI bleeds which was a result of Stage 3A Chronic Kidney Disease. Cauterized the bleeds, 10 weeks of iron infusions and down 38 pounds and feeling great.

Because of my stubbornness and trying to figure it out on my own, besides getting worse each day, I also missed all of Trout fishing and hunting last year.

Honestly and sincerely don't want this thread to go sideways but try to listen to less news. This state of liberal foolishness is truly exhausting!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Didn't read all the responses but have you taken a break from exercise? Maybe your body is telling you to throttle back for a bit?
I live in an area that has a lot of terminally fit (extreme athletes) people that just break down because they never let up on exercise and let their body recoup.
Ya I have. A year ago I took a full month off, and I've been doing M,W,F mornings since then. Occasional Saturdays

Good luck getting any doctors or endocrinologists actually doing all the hormone test and working with you on your symptoms rather than just tsh and testosterone number.
You will have to go to a cash pay doctor.
Get a full blood panel and go from there.
You will probably have to pay cash on that as well.
They dont want to have to justify all the test to Innsurance.

Back