Why am I always tired?

There are some obvious reasons. I've got 5 kids under 8. I'm a farrier. I crossfit at 6 AM most days. And I understand that those are generally good reasons for a person to be tired. However, I need a better answer.

I'm 36 years old. I eat healthy and balanced meals. I usually get 7-8 hours of good sleep per night. I drink tons of water. I'm happy and satisfied with life and marriage (not depression). But I'm exhausted every dang day. Even on a Saturday, when I sleep in and don't workout, I'm ready for a nap by 11 AM. And if I do nap, which is rare, I can sleep for like 2 hours, and then be ready for bed by 8:30 that night.

I've had people tell me that it's just part of getting older, or part of raising kids. But I want a better answer. I have lots of friends in the same stage of life, with a similar lifestyle, that aren't as tired as me.

Anybody else out there that's extra sleepy? Better yet, anybody that used to be and has discovered some solutions or lifestyle changes that helped?
Yea you should see a doctor buddy

Get checked for sleep apnea
This was he answer to my issue. I fell asleep at a red light and it scared me to death. Ended up getting tested for apnea and it was identified as "severe". Didn't even know what it was before the doctor recommended the test.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
This was he answer to my issue. I fell asleep at a red light and it scared me to death. Ended up getting tested for apnea and it was identified as "severe". Didn't even know what it was before the doctor recommended the test.
I fell asleep on I-78 and woke up as I was about to hit the median wall. Prior to CPAP my AHI score was 87. In the first hour of my sleep study my O2 saturation dropped to 70%. Now with CPAP my AHI is 0.2. In September I had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy at an outpatient GI center. After the procedure the anesthesiologist stated that due to very narrow airway future procedures would have to be in the hospital in order to be put on bi-pap.

See if you can get a calcium scan in your area for your heart. It's basically an x-ray of your chest and they can see if you have calcium build up in your arteries. For me locally it's $100 you have to pay out of pocket because insurance won't cover it. Besides a cardiac cath it's the only way I know of to have any idea if you have blockages going on. Heart attacks can sneak up on people, even folks like yourself that are fit. Lastly, for $100 you have some idea what's going on in there which is well worth it.

I started this thread last fall and have been on TRT since December. Best decision I have ever made:

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely didn't read this whole thread but I'm in the same boat, 5 kids under 8, own a business, about to turn 36 and I'm always tired. I rarely feel rested even when I get plenty of sleep.

OP
Lil-Rokslider
Did you get anything figured out? You have ticks in your area? Lyme disease?
Maybe. Got a full blood panel done and everything looks good. T levels are good. My doctor had no concerns. I've been prioritizing trying to get an extra hour of sleep at night, and making sure I never skip lunch. Added in a couple vitamins. I've been feeling pretty good the last couple of weeks actually, so maybe a few tweaks to my lifestyle were all I needed.

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
Doppelganger for sure! All my blood tests check out fine as well, I think we just suffer from dad of five syndrome.

IDVortex

WKR
Quit caffeine, drinking, seed oils, and processed food.
Sleep aechmea just means your body is unhealthy and you are killing it.
Fix the root cause, instead of putting a band aid on it.
Our healthcare system is design to make money off of you not to permanently fix the issue.
I agree with everything except the first part. Caffine... I enjoy my coffee, and I don't ever plan on becoming a brit and drinking tea.

IDVortex

WKR
Well, due to this thread I actually went out and did a blood test, or tried to. (Shocked my wife when I suggested this. 😂) But apparently I was to dehydrated to find my veins, but still got stabbed. Found out I'm a little bitch to and passed out. First time ever passing out for needle work. So needless to say, not sure when I'm going back. Got my pride to maintain over my health you know.

Carina K

FNG
My situation's kinda like yours, but I'm 24. I get 8 hours of sleep every day, yet I feel exhausted, whether it's before or after waking up, and I just wanna rest.

Fubijar

FNG
Had the same thing (34M) and it turned out that, despite being otherwise healthy and active, that I had very very low vitamin D. I feel like a new man, but wouldn’t have known anything had I not gotten blood work and talked to my Dr…

bz_711

WKR
There are some obvious reasons. I've got 5 kids under 8. I'm a farrier. I crossfit at 6 AM most days. And I understand that those are generally good reasons for a person to be tired. However, I need a better answer.

I'm 36 years old. I eat healthy and balanced meals. I usually get 7-8 hours of good sleep per night. I drink tons of water. I'm happy and satisfied with life and marriage (not depression). But I'm exhausted every dang day. Even on a Saturday, when I sleep in and don't workout, I'm ready for a nap by 11 AM. And if I do nap, which is rare, I can sleep for like 2 hours, and then be ready for bed by 8:30 that night.

I've had people tell me that it's just part of getting older, or part of raising kids. But I want a better answer. I have lots of friends in the same stage of life, with a similar lifestyle, that aren't as tired as me.

Anybody else out there that's extra sleepy? Better yet, anybody that used to be and has discovered some solutions or lifestyle changes that helped?

Definitely seems young for that...I had 4 kids under 8 at that age...and luckily had tons of energy and slept 5-6 hours/night.

Now at 46 I'm definitely more tired than any point in life...but I blame much of that on those 4 kids being teenagers - and just peak stress in life...so I'd really encourage you to tackle this now - I think parenthood is much harder now than when they were young - maybe a little less busy when they can drive but issues are real life big problems now, not little kid stuff. Probably never gets easier - you just worry more as kids get older.

Good Luck!