Why so many Kifaru packs for sale??

Reading this thread brought me to the realization that Kifaru is about like Yeti.
Tough and functional, (heaviest?) but there's other stuff out there that works just as well (actually better, depending on preferences) for cheaper.

Read @Zach Herold Backpack Shootout thread.

Seems to me the patches and the flat brimmed hat might be on the same shoulders.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sadler

WKR
An xpac hoodlum but with a horseshoe zipper and bump it to 7900 in size.
Take my money now
I’ll pass on the horseshoe zipper. I had pods8 extend the side access zips all the way to the top of the snow collar. Makes it so much easier putting bone in quarters inside the bag98D74BF2-F616-4374-AA6C-6A93921163EC.jpg

Someone help me understand...Why do I see so many Kifaru packs for sale in the classifieds?? I don’t currently own a Kifaru, all though I have been contemplating buying one.
Is it because there are so many out there or are there other reasons? I just don’t see near as many Exo, Kuiu, or the other top tier packs up for sale.
I thought it interesting that if you take out all the Kifaru pack stuff in Classifieds by members who have been on here less than 3 years, it takes out a remarkable percentage.

Maybe the reason there's so many Kifaru packs for sale on here is because of the crowd on this thread telling new members (everybody, actually) that Kifaru is unconditionally the best.
So these newbies are buying Kifaru and then realizing that Kifaru is NOT the best for their body or situation.

Brett01b

FNG
I’ve noticed this as well but it’s always been this way..... some guys always want the new gear and there’s nothing wrong with that. All of it sells fast and it should, some of the best packs made.

After looking for some pieces for my pack I didn't see a lot of kifaru on any other classifieds.
This is probably the best place to offload kifaru gear, and buy it quickly without lead times. So it makes sense that people would gravitate here for kifaru items specifically.

There's also a lot of "WTB kifaru" posts. Been seeing more of those than the ones for sale.

Strykers seem to have been selling in the biggest quantity. That trend appears to have started slowing down though.

ozyclint

WKR
I thought it interesting that if you take out all the Kifaru pack stuff in Classifieds by members who have been on here less than 3 years, it takes out a remarkable percentage.

Maybe the reason there's so many Kifaru packs for sale on here is because of the crowd on this thread telling new members (everybody, actually) that Kifaru is unconditionally the best.
So these newbies are buying Kifaru and then realizing that Kifaru is NOT the best for their body or situation.

Or perhaps they now realise after a couple of hunts that backcountry hunting isn't as easy or glamourous as it's made out to be on youtube and they are 'moving it along'?

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
Or perhaps they now realise after a couple of hunts that backcountry hunting isn't as easy or glamourous as it's made out to be on youtube and they are 'moving it along'?
This makes sense to me. Only the slightly “mental” ones of us live for the backcountry hunts. I have withdraws when I’m not there, but I don’t think people really understand what it takes to get there and back and be successful. YouTube has made it seem oh so easy. It’s where the men/boys are separated. But that’s a discussion for another thread I guess.

parkerpr

FNG
Like others have said, I think many like to try new gear and figure they can get most of their investment back on quality gear like Kifaru. I've been running the same Kifaru pack for years now and love it. Just bought the sleeping bag from them for next year's hunt.

WA209

FNG
I think they only come up for sale when end user hears that Aron enjoys whitetail hunting out of a tree stand..... 🤯

That doesn't make sense to me. They have the pattern already. When you order a pack they sew it. Unless they are doing away with cordura material or something, it doesn't make sense to say it is no longer practical. It shouldn't matter what pack you order. If the argument was old pack styles compete against new styles on the market- I might could see that. But if old styles bite into the new styles market share- well then, maybe the old style is what they should keep making?
Either way, not my company, so they will do as they will.

I’m pretty sure Kifaru packs are made/built/assembled to order, not sewn to order. Meaning, the packs are cut and sewn in batches and stored away. Once an order is placed, they take the body measurements included by the customer with the order, and assemble the pack based on the measurements.

Also, they probably don’t have much space in the warehouse and as such, would rather build products that move quickly out
door, rather than products that sit around in a tote for a week until a customer places an order.

If they had a larger warehouse or had a greater number of sales for lumbar packs, they wouldn’t have discontinued selling them.

I do understand the reasons for discontinuing packs, and they have my complete support with doing so. With that being said, I do wish they would give customers a heads up whenever a pack is set to be discontinued this way customers can place an order before it is gone.

It would be great if Kifaru made limited runs of past packs a yearly thing, say once per year, during the slow sales period.

Elkobsessed

Lil-Rokslider

my thoughts exactly!!

agree, my experience has been subpar at best....if you aren't kissing the ring, they have no time for you

Yah that's usually how it works. If you're kicking the tires more than you need to understand if its going to work for you or not, you're a time vampire and should be treated as such. I appreciate companies that are honest and although I cant speak for other's, being told that the system won't work for me is more refreshing than someone "making" it work no matter what. Neither the customer or the company win in that scenario.

Luckily its hard to not find what works best. I mean if someone still cannot find the right pack and they've already talked with MR, Sitka, Kiui, Kifaru, Stoneglacier, Exo, Seek Outside, Etc.... Then its time to see a doctor and get whatever is going on fixed haha.

I’m pretty sure Kifaru packs are made/built/assembled to order, not sewn to order. Meaning, the packs are cut and sewn in batches and stored away. Once an order is placed, they take the body measurements included by the customer with the order, and assemble the pack based on the measurements.

Also, they probably don’t have much space in the warehouse and as such, would rather build products that move quickly out
door, rather than products that sit around in a tote for a week until a customer places an order.

If they had a larger warehouse or had a greater number of sales for lumbar packs, they wouldn’t have discontinued selling them.

I do understand the reasons for discontinuing packs, and they have my complete support with doing so. With that being said, I do wish they would give customers a heads up whenever a pack is set to be discontinued this way customers can place an order before it is gone.

It would be great if Kifaru made limited runs of past packs a yearly thing, say once per year, during the slow sales period.

There is a reason why manufacturing companies produce simple variations and not entirely custom products. But heck, if someone wants to pay the cost, maybe they could do a limited run. But I would factor a guess that the price would triple if not quadruple.

This makes sense to me. Only the slightly “mental” ones of us live for the backcountry hunts. I have withdraws when I’m not there, but I don’t think people really understand what it takes to get there and back and be successful. YouTube has made it seem oh so easy. It’s where the men/boys are separated. But that’s a discussion for another thread I guess.
Yah pretty sure you hit the nail on the head for the largest factor. The user. I bet the second largest reason is the wife when she sees what was spent for that 4 day trip out west, a freezer, a new gun, and the groceries bill when you don't fill that freezer haha. Someone or thing has to go lol.

PFERN

FNG
Would kifaru packs be able to attach to other pack frames properly? I understand they can be placed but it would probably be best to work it with one of their frames.

I haven’t read all the other 100+ replies, but I’ve seen a ton of good responses. I’m a Kifaru fanboy and I probably own at least 11 different packs (currently). Some are even the same but in different colors. I’ve also sold several before too as I try not to let my collection become absolutely ridiculous. Which most would say it already is. However, there are some that I just can’t bear to let go. Especially the ones that are discontinued. One of the main reasons I like Kifaru is that most packs really hold their value; some even appreciate. If it weren’t for that, I probably would only keep a few at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Probably because so many have been sold by Kifaru and people update their gear and like to try new stuff. The correct pack for anyone is the one that fits them/their needs best......not some brand that is best for everyone...