Williams Peep Sight - Is anyone bedding and thread locking?

TX_Diver

WKR
Next problem

Attachments

• 25DDC9A6-C562-4691-983F-1E5EC21BD089.jpeg
    25DDC9A6-C562-4691-983F-1E5EC21BD089.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 17

TX_Diver

WKR
Heat on a pick.

Work it into it.
That's my best bet for now. Will grab an extra few screws at ace next time to try to chase the threads a bit too.

I guess I could always just move it up 4" to the next set of holes. Wondering how much difference that'd make?

That's my best bet for now. Will grab an extra few screws at ace next time to try to chase the threads a bit too.

I guess I could always just move it up 4" to the next set of holes. Wondering how much difference that'd make?

On a rear peep? Make it harder to see through.

Barrel taper will decide what it does to impact point, if it gets it closer to bore line, it will lower impact, doubt you will get 12" made up. Also a longer sight plane is generally more accurate, but I don't know if it will really matter that much.

TX_Diver

WKR
On a rear peep? Make it harder to see through.

Barrel taper will decide what it does to impact point, if it gets it closer to bore line, it will lower impact, doubt you will get 12" made up. Also a longer sight plane is generally more accurate, but I don't know if it will really matter that much.

I'll spend some time on the epoxy this week and see how it goes.

I can always shim the front next I guess. This is a pain lol.

TX_Diver

WKR
Victory!

Only took about 20 min. Will degrease and then remount the rear and shoot after the cold bore challenge. Hope this gets me the elevation needed… 🤞🤞🤞

7290842A-05EF-4437-9796-2947A986CCF3.jpeg

TX_Diver

WKR
This continues to be a pain...

Degreased everything yesterday then found out the holes in the original sight don't line up with the holes in the scope mount. So back to one screw and epoxy to mount it on the rear set of holes.

It's all mounted up now and we'll see what I get elevation wise from it! Fingers crossed I don't have to go shim the front sight too.

Jlop_2

Lil-Rokslider
Update, was able to go shoot the optima v2 after installing the Williams and bedding the front sight. Plenty of elevation etc at 100 yards.

The fiber optic is a little bigger than I’d like as it covered most of the target at 100 yards. (About a 3 inch circle I was shooting at though for what it’s worth) I don’t think it’ll cause much problems at any target the size of a game animal. 👍🏼