Wolf problem is REAL

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The panhandle is overrun with wolves plain and simple the more remote the drainage the more wolves

OneRingTrTa

Lil-Rokslider
It was probably scouting or something, they always travel in numbers, and their number is their strength. Wolves are scary. if i were the OP i'd be on my toes too.

elkkilla1

FNG
I just spent a week in Mt Emily here in Oregon with a guy that waited 20 years for the tag. We got a good amount of snow a few days before the hunt and it was crazy how many wolves are up in our best hunting units. They are really starting to do some damage to the elk herds now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wolves are wonderful and bring balance to the ecosystem. My last couple of trips into yellowstone i was amazed at all the new flowers and growth along the stream beds, many flowers have not been seen in the park for decades. Saw lots of beavers, muskrat etc. The trees along the streams seemed to be the healthiest I have seen. Loved watching the beavers building their dams, never seen so many. Saw lots of bears but didn’t see many coyotes and only a handful of elk. The wolves are obviously only killing the sick and weak as the elk we did see, 10 of them, looked super healthy and fit. I watched a show recently, How Wolves changed rivers, man it depicted everything we saw. It was awesome.

Beendare

WKR
Wolves are wonderful and bring balance to the ecosystem.

Oh man...you drank the Koolaid.

So you like a decade of lawsuits?
Letting one species go totally unmanaged for many years at the expense of every other species?
Tens of thousands of wasted man hours at taxpayers expense?
Huge costs to states and wildlife depts?
A big drag on the economy?

Have you ever stopped to consider the massive wasted resources that went into 15 yrs of that reintro.....when the states economy and wildlife depts could have been cash positive if they let hunters keep the balance?

Even the Colorado expert analysis says-essentially - a wolf intro in CO is going to be very costly.

Must be nice to be oblivious to all of that^

Beendare

WKR
Yep...missed it Sandman.

I thought you were another one of those members here that actually pushed for the wolf reintroduction into Yellowstone that never answers my question, "Why not use hunters for balance?"

They just tell me, "Read the research"...which of course is not trying to solve the Yellowstone issue of overpopulated ungulates economically- it just pushes for Wolves.

I thought you were one of those members and missed the sarcasm.

Yep...missed it Sandman.

I thought you were another one of those members here that actually pushed for the wolf reintroduction into Yellowstone that never answers my question, "Why not use hunters for balance?"

They just tell me, "Read the research"...which of course is not trying to solve the Yellowstone issue of overpopulated ungulates economically- it just pushes for Wolves.

No worries man. Sometimes its hard to catch when you’re passionate about a subject.
Ive been involved one way or another since the planting of an invasive species in ‘95 when i lived in Bozeman and have watched what they have done to the elk herds all over the west and it makes my blood boil.

NUGGET

WKR
Complements of your Federal Government. The only ones who want wolves are them's that won't ever have them.

Actually at the time of introduction the majority (and probably still is) people were for the introduction of wolves.

87TT

WKR
Actually at the time of introduction the majority (and probably still is) people were for the introduction of wolves.
That's because they were and are being lied to. The wolves are an invasive specie and should be eradicated.

NUGGET

WKR
Yep...missed it Sandman.

Look at how many guys couldn’t kill an elk before wolves. If it was such a utopia before wolves why wasn’t the harvest % high? Why in so many areas it’s the same % post introduction? What happened to the good old days of just blaming the weather? Or fish and game?

Mike 338

WKR

Possibly but just like polls, surveys can be skewed depending upon how you ask the question and whom you survey. The only people who want wolves are thems that don't have them.

kiddogy

WKR
This is what I always wonder too, not saying they don’t do a hurting on numbers but I would think that if they ate down the prey species low enough the pack would have to move on and they prey species would rebound and they cycle would ebb and flow. On the record I’m not a biologist so not real sure if this thinking is accurate
it is not. they wil move on but the prey doesn't rebound over night . it takes many years