Wrangler ATG, an affordable option!

Maverick1

WKR
The wrangler pants are alright, but too tight in the thighs. They have a bit of stretch and are fairly thin. Had to go with the relaxed version of the duluth flex pants which are thicker material and don't breathe as well.

OP
L
The wrangler pants are alright, but too tight in the thighs. They have a bit of stretch and are fairly thin. Had to go with the relaxed version of the duluth flex pants which are thicker material and don't breathe as well.
Gotcha, is that the lightest version that Duluth sells? Meaning lightest weight material.

Jon Boy

WKR
I like em, but like the orvis tactical pants Costco sells more. 20 bucks and a pair lasts me at least one season. Only pant I wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick1

WKR
Gotcha, is that the lightest version that Duluth sells? Meaning lightest weight material.
Duluth has a bunch of different pants they offer. Need to look at the percentages materials. Their Flexpedition is 89% nylon/11% spandex. I’d like a lighter weight pant (material thickness) but couldn’t find one they offer with as much spandex. Many of the other performance pants are in the 5-6% spandex range.

The Orvis tactical pants were a good combination of materials, but their fit in the waist was off for me, so I returned the one pair I tried from Amazon. I really wanted to like the orvis pants, too. Their material was thinner like the wranglers, and the thighs were roomy just like the Duluth flexpeditions, but the waist sizing was off and was “blousing” badly around my midsection. Length and cut was perfect, except for the waist.

OP
L
Duluth has a bunch of different pants they offer. Need to look at the percentages materials. Their Flexpedition is 89% nylon/11% spandex. I’d like a lighter weight pant (material thickness) but couldn’t find one they offer with as much spandex. Many of the other performance pants are in the 5-6% spandex range.

The Orvis tactical pants were a good combination of materials, but their fit in the waist was off for me, so I returned the one pair I tried from Amazon. I really wanted to like the orvis pants, too. Their material was thinner like the wranglers, and the thighs were roomy just like the Duluth flexpeditions, but the waist sizing was off and was “blousing” badly around my midsection. Length and cut was perfect, except for the waist.
Dry on the fly from Duluth!

Maverick1

WKR
Dry on the fly from Duluth!
Yes. I tried those as well. Lighter/thinner material - which was nice - but not much stretch. 97% nylon, 3% spandex. Definitely not as stretchy as the flexpeditions. They felt just like any normal pair of nylon pants.

I have 10 pairs of these and ranch in them and beat the crap out of them and they hold up great. I have some at least a decade old. They are great pants.

Buzby

WKR
I’ve been pleased with the Eddie Bauer guide pro pants. They’re not the most durable, but a decent value when you get them on sale. The fit of the “slim” works well for me. I love the lined ones in the winter when I’m bumming around, and not doing anything very active.

I second the Cottonwood pants from BlackOrvis. Similar to the Wrangler ATG's but seems like a more durable material. Like stated, you can find them on camofire for $55. The Eddie Bauer guide pro pants are pretty awesome too. They go on sale for 50% off a few times each year.